Home

Fictional Draft Classes for the Playstation 4

This is a discussion on Fictional Draft Classes for the Playstation 4 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Fictional Draft Classes for the Playstation 4

With the game two and a half weeks away, I want to go ahead and get this out there.

I'm going to be making some fictional draft classes for the PS4. And then everyone reading this goes "Who the h*** is this guy?"

Completely Understandable.

To be honest I can't even remember if I did these for NBA 2k13 on PS3 (the last 2k I have). If I did, then obviously it didn't work out, or else I would remember. I'm in the process of preparing write ups ( not quite as in depth as the XBoxOne guys are doing). But in depth enough. I plan on having 70+ manually created guys for each draft with some info regarding them. Depending on if we get some sort of DLeague announcement, then probably more. If that number's too small, then don't use these, but I want to have at least 5 of these for this year, so I have to choose my time wisely.

I'l have some college recap stories, and I'm also playing the Sweet 16 of that year's tournament on College Hoops 2k8. I'm trying to keep them somewhat "current" (Freshmen leaving early, Kentucky reloading every year) but I want to keep them fresh (Louisiana Tech turns into a Wichita State/Butler type mid major powerhouse for a few seasons).

A lot of these players are players I use every time I create a draft class, and they're usually old recruits I had in College Hoops / March Madness / even NCAA Football.

I can't wait to have more information here for PS4 users, and I hope I can get a solid amount of users for these, because I'm very excited about them.

Once I get going if anyone has any constructive criticism, feel free to share.

DC 1 filename: fnz21 Fictional Draft 1v1 (OS)
username: huberc3

DC 2: fnz21 Fictional Draft 2v1 (OS)

DC 3: fnz21 Ficitonal Draft 3v1 (OS)

DC 4: fnz21 Ficitonal Draft 4v1 (OS)

Last edited by fnz21; 02-07-2015 at 09:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Fictional Draft Classes for the Playstation 4

I respect your honesty. Ive seen dudes that claim they have edited every player and clearly have not. I respect that you putting it out there and saying "this is what it is".

Good luck my dude.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
Pro

Here we go......

I'll post this (and another post after this with more images). Soon I'll post about the NCAA Tournament (I'm actually playing the championship tomorrow). Then sometime this weekend will be all about the first draft class (between 70 and 80 players).

Last edited by fnz21; 09-23-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
Pro

Last edited by fnz21; 09-23-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
Pro

Here are recaps of the NCAA Tournament, with some backstories on some of the members of the draft classes. Breaking them up so they don't seem as long.

SOUTH REGIONAL

#1 seed Kentucky made it out of the first two rounds pretty easily, as did their Sweet 16 opponent, fifth -seeded Michigan. The Wolverines had a pretty balanced scoring attack in their game against UK, led by senior points guard Scott Chandler, with 18 points. However, freshman center Antonio Melton didn’t get enough offensive chances inside to make a real difference, and Senior Forward missed 12 shots, and Kentucky advanced to the Elite Eight with an 80-70 win behind Hakeem Benjamin’s 10 assists and Marshall McCloud’s 32 points.

In the other Sweet 16 matchup, #2 seed Duke took down the third-seeded California Golden Bears, holding their major offensive weapons to low scoring totals. Cal senior center Miles Estrada led the Bears with 19 points, capping off a great postseason for him. Despite leading by only 2 at halftime, the Blue Devils took this one easily, 79-58. Junior forward Maurice Adams led Duke with 21 points, going 9-11 from inside the arc. Everything else was pretty standard for Duke, who trounced California even without backup point guard Dannorriss Perry.

In the Elite Eight matchup two classic rivals competed in one of the best game so far. Duke’s offense was paced by forward Major Hicks’ 21, Billy Everton’s 18, and Maurice Adams’ 14. The Blue Devils led by 7 at halftime, but were outscored by 12 in the second half, losing 76-71, while Kentucky finished the game with an 8-0 run and advanced to the Final Four. Marshall McCloud followed up his 32 points performance with an 18 points showing but fellow freshman forward led the Cats in scoring with 23 points off the bench.

EAST REGIONAL

In one Sweet Sixteen matchup fourth-seeded Penn State took on #1 seed Wake Forest. Both team had three players in double figures, with Wake Forest’s Homer Hill leading the game with 19 points. Demon Deacon’s senior center Dwight Coles added a double-double with 13 and 10. Nittany Lions star Jerome Thornton was held to 2 points, both from the free throw line. Wake Forest took the game 62-48.

In probably the most bizarre Sweet Sixteen matchup of the tournament, #11 seed Miami (OH) played #7 seed George Washington. The Colonels blew a ten-point halftime lead, as Miami tied it up late in the second half and sent the game to overtime, where the Redhawks advanced to the Elite Eight, 79-77. George Washington was led in scoring by internet phenom (first for his name and college choice, then for his play) Franklin Pierce, with 27. Miami relied, as always, on their anchors in the post: Elden Johnston and Daniel Emerson, who had 20 points each.

In the Elite Eight, Miami manages to shutdown Demon Deacon point guard Tyson Dickerson, but junior forward Jessie Pittman led the team with 20 points, and Dwight Coles added another double-double. Wake Forest also got some key contributions from the bench, and won 76-75 in overtime. Miami couldn’t get their post players going offensively, but had three double digit scorers off the bench. Senior guard Kurt Martin had an off night as well, missing 7 three pointers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
Pro

WEST REGIONAL

#9 Seed Boston College beat #1 seed Oklahoma State on a fantastic demonstration of outside shooting by guards Jeff Rancati and Jermaine Doyle. Both guys got it going in their Sweet Sixteen game against #4 seed Alabama, but it wasn’t enough as junior guard Jake Wade led the Crimson Tide with 21, and potential lottery pick freshman center Lamont Michaels added 18 and 10. Alabama advanced, 59-52.

The second MAC team to reach the Sweet Sixteen was 6 seed Kent State (not as big of a surprise as Miami). Sophomore guard Felix Turner (who will declare for the NBA Draft) did not disappoint; he had 25 points, but it wasn’t enough to topple #2 seed Louisville. The Cardinals happen to have the best three points shooter in the nation, in senior guard Connor Nixon, who went 6-6 from beyond the line, and had 22 points. Freshman forward Jamal Jefferson added 14, and the Cardinals won 74-66.

The Elite Right game proved not much of a contest at all, as Louisville took care of business early, and ended winning 83-64. Connor Nixon once again had a big game with 24 points, and Jefferson, Garrett Irvin and Alando Cherry all pitched in with double-digit points. Lamont Michaels had a quiet 12 points, as did Jake Wade.

MIDWEST REGIONAL

#1 seed Cincinnati was knocked off by #8 seed Louisiana Tech in the second round, and the Bulldogs didn’t want to go home after that momentous victory. Standing in their way was a loaded North Carolina team, a number 4 seed. Freshman point guard Rod Harrison had 27 points with fellow freshman Qa’Raan King adding 15 and Justin Turner adding 14. But that wasn’t enough to keep Cinderella out of the dance. Senior Bulldogs All-American forward Pearson Dilligard (a potential lottery pick) finished with 27, while sharpshooting guard Kory Kyle added 18 off the bench. Louisiana Tech slayed another giant in North Carolina, 79-78.

#2 seed Michigan State and # 3 seed Arkansas faced off in the other Sweet Sixteen game in this regional, a tightly contested matchup that came down to the wire. The Razorbacks got a balanced offensive attack, with Sophomore guard Richard Ziri leading the team with 14 points. Michigan State’s All- American guard Ruben Wingate also had 14, but it wasn’t enough as Arkansas advanced 62-60.

This regional’s Elite Eight game was an instant classic. Razorbacks guard Richard Ziri led the team with 20 points, while Duncan Atkinson added 12 and Sheray Ruffin added 10 off the bench. The game went to overtime, and Kory Kyle hit a three at the buzzer of that overtime to send the Bulldogs to their first Final Four. Pearson Dilligard had 21 points, while center Rashad Cummings had a monster game with 15 points and 19 boards. Point guard Isaiah Chamberlain also finished with a double-double, with 11 points and 10 assists.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #7
Pro

FINAL FOUR

In the first Final Four game, Louisville off to a roaring start and held that lead for the rest of the game. The Cardinals overcame a poor shooting night from Connor Nixon (2-10 from three) to send Cinderella home, 70-60. Senior center Garrett Irvin had 11 points and 11 rebounds, while Jamal Jefferson finished with 20 and 7. Pearson Dilligard finished with 10 points and had an odd game: he shot and missed more threes (5) than he had made all year. Hopefully that doesn’t hurt his draft stock.

In the second Final Four game, two number seeds faced off in a tight game. Wake Forest jumped out to an early lead, but Jerome Kimball came in off the bench to score ten straight points and give the Wildcats a lead they would never surrender. Marshall McCloud led the team with 15 points, and Kentucky only had six players score. Wake Forest’s Dwight Coles had 20 and 13, his fourth double-double in 5 tournament games. Tyson Dickerson continued to have an average night scoring, but did dish out 9 assists. Kentucky won, 63-60.

CHAMPIONSHIP
Louisville 100, Kentucky 95.
After a neck and neck start for 75% of the first half, Louisville managed an 8 point lead just before halftime. Kentucky got it going early in the second half as Louisville came out flat. With the Wildcats leading 54-52, Louisville’s Jamal Jefferson dunked on Sylvester Arnold and drew a foul from the Kentucky forward. After making the free throw, Kentucky came up empty on its next three possessions as Louisville struck with big threes from guards Connor Nixon and Alando Cherry. The Cardinals led by 7 with 2 minutes left. Kentucky cut the deficit to 5 when Hakeem Benjamin hit a long three (6+ feet beyond the arc) in transition. After fouls, Kentucky trailed 65-63 with Louisville inbounding. Jamal Jefferson turned the ball over at half court with 14 seconds and Hakeem Benjamin made a contested layup with 7 seconds left. Louisville tried to set up Connor Nixon for a game winning three, but he missed it.

Louisville broke away again in overtime, and held an 80-78 lead with 5 seconds left and the Wildcats having to go ¾ of the court. In those 5 seconds every Kentucky payer on the court touched the ball and Gabriel Wilkerson managed to get a shot off and make it to send the game into double overtime.

Double Overtime separated the men from the boys. Hakeem Benjamin and Connor Nixon went tit for tat every possession it seemed. Benjamin either scored or assisted on every UK play in the second OT, while Nixon drained 5 threes in the period, including a dagger to put Louisville up 98-92 I the final 30 seconds. Louisville ended up winning 100-95, with Nixon finishing with 29 points (9-16 from three) and being named MOP.

Louisville also got big contributions from Alando Cherry and Sophomore backup point guard William Lacy who finished with 17 and 16 points, respectively. Senior center Garrett Irvin finished with 8 rebounds. Jamal Jefferson finished with 14 points (only 5 in regulation), 6 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals. Louisville actually got one more steal during the post-game celebration when Jefferson announced he would return for his second year.

For the Wildcats, Hakeem Benjamin finished with 27 points and 9 assists, Marshall McCloud finished with 23 and 6, and Gabriel Wilkerson picked up a double-double with 12 points and 12 boards. Scottie Matela also came up big with a career high 13 points, while Sylvester Arnold finished 9 and 9. Jerome Kimball wasn’t able to get it going like earlier in the tournament and only finished with 4 points.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #8
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

This looks very interesting man, I hope you can push out a few of these ps4 is going to need some great fictional classes. So far I really like how this looks and flows. I tried my hand at creating classes in 2k12 and 2k13 was a load of fun, last year I didn't attempt it due to 2k14 next gen lack of character creation, thinking about making some this year though. Anyway will be following this throughout the year, looks good thus far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »