Home

NBA 2k24 Tendency Edits Discussion

This is a discussion on NBA 2k24 Tendency Edits Discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2024, 09:24 AM   #17
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2k24 Tendency Edits Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
In terms of play discipline tendency - anyone got a rough idea of a sweet spot so the guards will go through the motions on PnR's and pass to the big man, but also be able to shoot if necessary?

Right now I've got quite a few PG's set around 35/40 discipline, but not seeing them pass to the roll man enough.

Makes me wonder if I should remove the 'PnR ballhandler' play type and just leave the bigs set with 'PnR man'......
I wouldn't remove PNR Handler

A few things to note:
-bump the take inside shots slider a bit. This will help ball handlers pass to the roller more often.

-If you want them to pass more, look at your dish to open man tendency, as well as your offensive awareness slider

I've tried play discpline at 0, 25, 75 and 99. In my experience,
99: offenses is very structured, handlers will pass to PNR man quite a bit. A little too much though. You'll have someone like Kyrie Irving getting double doubles pretty easily if you set him to 99 for example.

75: this was my default - when I wanted better shot distribution, I set PNR handlers to 75. It's not a bad setting.

0: this is what I use right now. Play discpline at 0 for everyone. Even at 0, I see handlers pass, depending on situation and their dish tendency. I also have run plays at 100, iso at 50 for vs good and elite defenders, as well as 75 vs poor and average defenders.

What I feel this achieves is an aggressive AI that will take the best shot available. Compared to 99, you should see more dynamic AI even if it runs the same plays.

Here's some gameplay, Warriors vs Clippers, using the above. Full game.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2079168523

Old 03-04-2024, 10:45 AM   #18
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I wouldn't remove PNR Handler

A few things to note:
-bump the take inside shots slider a bit. This will help ball handlers pass to the roller more often.

-If you want them to pass more, look at your dish to open man tendency, as well as your offensive awareness slider

I've tried play discpline at 0, 25, 75 and 99. In my experience,
99: offenses is very structured, handlers will pass to PNR man quite a bit. A little too much though. You'll have someone like Kyrie Irving getting double doubles pretty easily if you set him to 99 for example.

75: this was my default - when I wanted better shot distribution, I set PNR handlers to 75. It's not a bad setting.

0: this is what I use right now. Play discpline at 0 for everyone. Even at 0, I see handlers pass, depending on situation and their dish tendency. I also have run plays at 100, iso at 50 for vs good and elite defenders, as well as 75 vs poor and average defenders.

What I feel this achieves is an aggressive AI that will take the best shot available. Compared to 99, you should see more dynamic AI even if it runs the same plays.

Here's some gameplay, Warriors vs Clippers, using the above. Full game.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2079168523
Appreciate the assistance. Currently trying to fine tune the Bulls. Have most of the others teams 'almost' where I want them to be, give or take.

Most of the teams currently set between 70 - 80 for 'run plays'. Dish tendencies are high in most cases for pass first guards - 80 plus in most cases. Increased Offensive awareness to 90 to aid in other areas and saw improvement. (Was struggling to get Pippen passing proportionately last week, now seeing better results.)

I'll work on tweaking the play discipline numbers and adjust the shot selection inside when I get a chance next, to see if this helps.

Thanks again.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:31 PM   #19
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

I’d like to see roster where the bigs can get double digits in assists. I’ve played with a few rosters and you get a nice mix of dribble hand off plays but I never seem to get the cpu Sabonis to end with double digit assists.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-05-2024, 08:42 AM   #20
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
I’d like to see roster where the bigs can get double digits in assists. I’ve played with a few rosters and you get a nice mix of dribble hand off plays but I never seem to get the cpu Sabonis to end with double digit assists.

Check out my rosters the most talented big are doubled and make you pass out for wide open jumpshots Jokic Sabonis Embiid always have big assist game and you'll see more triple doubles from your stars as well
Old 03-05-2024, 10:34 AM   #21
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Looking for more pull up jumpers off the screen for middy shooters like MJ, Hersey Hawkins, Reggie etc.

I've upped the 'offscreen J' and 'pull up J' tendencies, but assume I'll need to lower the 'Offscreen drive' numbers to get this working more efficiently?

Spot ups are fine right now. Seeing some good results from High Post big men Like Dream, Ewing and even Zo and Robinson - hitting those 12/15 footers. Have their mid range spot ups around 80/90 coupled with 80 for 'Triple threat shoot'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2024, 01:57 PM   #22
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Looking for more pull up jumpers off the screen for middy shooters like MJ, Hersey Hawkins, Reggie etc.

I've upped the 'offscreen J' and 'pull up J' tendencies, but assume I'll need to lower the 'Offscreen drive' numbers to get this working more efficiently?

Spot ups are fine right now. Seeing some good results from High Post big men Like Dream, Ewing and even Zo and Robinson - hitting those 12/15 footers. Have their mid range spot ups around 80/90 coupled with 80 for 'Triple threat shoot'
You need to increase your drive and your dribble pullup mid range tendencies.

The off screen mid range tendency isn't for pullups. That's for when they are curling off of picks and corresponds to the mid range play type.

Old 03-05-2024, 01:59 PM   #23
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz

I don't want this thread to necesserily turn into a roster plug thread, but if Tim's doing it, sure, check mine out as well. Bigs get plenty of assists.

Tendencies matter, but badges also play a part in getting those assist numbers up.

Old 03-05-2024, 06:57 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

How exactly do the driving tendencies coincide?

What’s the difference between a 99 Regular Drive, 5 Spot up, & 20 off screen opposed to something like 50 Regular Drive 75 Spot up, & 35 off screen for an individual player?

I know it varies by player, but not understanding the logic behind the different number values. Does the higher the number is indicate how long/aggressive the player will dribble?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »