Home

Funkycorm's PS5 Fictional Draft Classes for NBA 2k24

This is a discussion on Funkycorm's PS5 Fictional Draft Classes for NBA 2k24 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-09-2024, 05:39 PM   #81
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm's PS5 Fictional Draft Classes for NBA 2k24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
I've noticed the majority of the top players in your class start their Peak at 25/26 years old. Am I incorrect... or doesn't that mitigate their ability to progress to their max potential, because they stop progressing once they hit their peak age?
Most do have their peak beginning at that age.

I do it for a few reasons.

One is that most of the players I want at that peak begin get 5 years to reach it. Another it does help some of the top end inflation. It lets the stars shine in the classes.

A lot will reach their potential and a lot won't.

It's hard to find the exact balance and I mostly draw the hard line there.

It's not a perfect system but it does work for me. I wish we could adjust the amount a player grew per year on top of the bust average boom percentages. I end up using averages from test sims to adjust everything.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2024, 11:51 AM   #82
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Wow.

When I posted my classes for 2k23 late in the cycle, I was stoked that I had about 100 downloads.

I came into 2k24 making classes and told myself I would be thrilled if I got 200 downloads. That way I knew some were enjoying the classes.

But wow. Around 1400 downloads and a short front page article on the OS main page. Wow.

I don't like to keep track of downloads or use it as a gauge for anything but it's awesome to know that my classes got use.

I learned a lot going through and making these classes. I further honed in and confirmed my processes.

I was on the edge about getting 2k24 and only got it initially because it was bought for me. But I am definitely looking forward to 2k25 and a second full year of making classes.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 02-22-2024, 12:17 AM   #83
Pro

I will check these out
Old 05-01-2024, 09:56 AM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Wow.

When I posted my classes for 2k23 late in the cycle, I was stoked that I had about 100 downloads.

I came into 2k24 making classes and told myself I would be thrilled if I got 200 downloads. That way I knew some were enjoying the classes.

But wow. Around 1400 downloads and a short front page article on the OS main page. Wow.

I don't like to keep track of downloads or use it as a gauge for anything but it's awesome to know that my classes got use.

I learned a lot going through and making these classes. I further honed in and confirmed my processes.

I was on the edge about getting 2k24 and only got it initially because it was bought for me. But I am definitely looking forward to 2k25 and a second full year of making classes.
Are your draft classes based on the base 2K official roster? I'm asking only because I was just looking at the roster you listed for your team, and you have like 3 90+ rated players on your team. Ever since I've played with SimWorld's rosters years ago, I've adopted the practice or ideology that a 90+ rating is reserved for like the top 12-15 players in the league. I currently have what I would say is a glut of these players in my league (because some guys just won't retire), and I'm up around 20. I feel like the league is deep right now, so I'm somewhat okay with it.

I do have your first draft class queued up for my next draft, so I'm looking forward to that as well as the rest of your classes. I know you're done creating your classes now for the year. Just one piece of advice for next year... when it comes to creating your classes, use your creative process and don't let outside requests influence your work. I read through all of the posts here and (no disrespect to the user who was asking for this). There was a guy asking you to add a prospect like Wemby to one of your classes. As I read this, I was just shaking my head. I don't know if everyone who plays these games are actually basketball fans or they just play the game and think it would be cool to have their own version of a clearly once in a lifetime generational player!! Jordan, Magic, Bird, Bron, Curry, Jokic, Durant, and now Wemby are special because we haven't seen versions of these players before in their totality. Just making a "version" of these players bemones how special they really are. It's only Wemby's rookie year if you consider that it's been 45 years since Magic and Bird entered the league and we still haven't seen "versions" of them in the league, the thought that another Wemby would come along while he's actually still in the league is wholly insane.

Okay, I'm really sorry for the rant, and it's certainly not directed at anyone. I just wanted to give my 2 cents. Again I'm looking forward to using your classes!!

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-01-2024, 05:07 PM   #85
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK1979
Are your draft classes based on the base 2K official roster? I'm asking only because I was just looking at the roster you listed for your team, and you have like 3 90+ rated players on your team. Ever since I've played with SimWorld's rosters years ago, I've adopted the practice or ideology that a 90+ rating is reserved for like the top 12-15 players in the league. I currently have what I would say is a glut of these players in my league (because some guys just won't retire), and I'm up around 20. I feel like the league is deep right now, so I'm somewhat okay with it.

I do have your first draft class queued up for my next draft, so I'm looking forward to that as well as the rest of your classes. I know you're done creating your classes now for the year. Just one piece of advice for next year... when it comes to creating your classes, use your creative process and don't let outside requests influence your work. I read through all of the posts here and (no disrespect to the user who was asking for this). There was a guy asking you to add a prospect like Wemby to one of your classes. As I read this, I was just shaking my head. I don't know if everyone who plays these games are actually basketball fans or they just play the game and think it would be cool to have their own version of a clearly once in a lifetime generational player!! Jordan, Magic, Bird, Bron, Curry, Jokic, Durant, and now Wemby are special because we haven't seen versions of these players before in their totality. Just making a "version" of these players bemones how special they really are. It's only Wemby's rookie year if you consider that it's been 45 years since Magic and Bird entered the league and we still haven't seen "versions" of them in the league, the thought that another Wemby would come along while he's actually still in the league is wholly insane.

Okay, I'm really sorry for the rant, and it's certainly not directed at anyone. I just wanted to give my 2 cents. Again I'm looking forward to using your classes!!

No offense taken. I appreciate any feedback whether it's positive or constructive. It helps me get better.

As far as the 90+ on my roster, that was a sim and build project with some draft manipulation by me to see more what if this team. I never really played it. When I started over and did everything, the league balances out much better. I would say it stays in line pretty well with the 2k rosters. It was my first full year doing them so I learned some things as I moved on. Most of the players in each of the classes is average heavy or bust heavy. There are very few pure locks.

I definitely hear you about the creative process and keeping it internalized. It's something I wish I had done a bit more. Being my first full year doing these, I was trying to be fully open to suggestions and ideas. As well as embrace input from everyone.

I appreciate you taking the time to give me feedback.

Currently Playing:

Stardew Valley (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2024, 03:25 AM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
No offense taken. I appreciate any feedback whether it's positive or constructive. It helps me get better.

As far as the 90+ on my roster, that was a sim and build project with some draft manipulation by me to see more what if this team. I never really played it. When I started over and did everything, the league balances out much better. I would say it stays in line pretty well with the 2k rosters. It was my first full year doing them so I learned some things as I moved on. Most of the players in each of the classes is average heavy or bust heavy. There are very few pure locks.

I definitely hear you about the creative process and keeping it internalized. It's something I wish I had done a bit more. Being my first full year doing these, I was trying to be fully open to suggestions and ideas. As well as embrace input from everyone.

I appreciate you taking the time to give me feedback.
No worries. I understand that it takes a lot of time, dedication, and thought to put together these classes. It's much harder when you're trying to satisfy the masses. I don't think it's necessarily wrong for someone in the thread to make a request, but they, as a community we also have to be respectful to the creators of said content. I think you did a good job for a first-timer working alone...better yet you did a good job in general without the qualifiers. I hope you enjoy it just as much next year.

With all of the DC creators pushing out classes this year, it seems like there are enough to get through about 17-20 or more years. I think I'm going to stick to the plan I've had for the past 4yrs and haven't carried it out, I'm going to go 2yrs on this 24 unless 25 really does something that forces me to buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »