Home

2023 Best Roster and Sliders Combos PS5

This is a discussion on 2023 Best Roster and Sliders Combos PS5 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-19-2023, 12:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3

I do this every year because it’s fun to experiment with different ways to play the game. I only am doing PS5 this season. The rosters are in no specific order. Sorry current Gen and xbox users.

1. Real2Kinsider - this is my PERSONAL favorite. It is the most up to date (even over the official 2k roster). He’s also finally on PS5!!! He does not do tendencies but even without that you can feel the difference in each player from the official roster. He does all of the individual ratings, badges, contracts, heights, weight, positions, and lineups. I might’ve missed something. He updates his roster just about everyday. He also has a YouTube channel. The best sliders to use with his roster are the:
-The Default sliders on HOF or Superstar (his roster alone makes the gameplay better)
-The POPBOY (provides a more challenging experience but wait until he releases his final set because his current ones are outdated) he’s not at OS but has a YT channel
-Kingsimkits sliders are also challenging guy puts in work. His sliders fixed the contested shots / scoring in the paint problem. He’s active here at OS and has a YT channel.

2. Tynole - I’m not sure if it’s one person or a group of people that work on this roster. Either way it’s really good. They put a lot of effort into this roster. They do every players individual rating, hotspots, heights, weights, badges, tendencies, jump shots, lineup, playbooks and they even have their OWN SLIDER SET to go with the roster. Tynole has a YouTube channel. The best sliders with this roster is:

-Tynole’s because like why would you use anyone else’s? They literally made them to work with their roster! And they update them everyday throughout the season.

3. CelticLG / ATD - This guy has been doing rosters since 2k18 I think. They are very detailed. He has a different approach. He does not really follow the 2k formula which is okay because as we’ve seen over the years, the 2k formula does not always provide the best gameplay results. You have to respect this guy’s work. He does individual edits, badges, tendencies, lineups, playbooks, jump shots, you name it! He also provides a spreadsheet which is why his roster is on every console. You cannot use these with default sliders. You will need a slider set to go with it:
-Shadymikes definitely provide a great experience. He not only makes sliders specifically for ATD but he also fixes the movement of the players. You won’t find him at OS but he has a YT channel
-Schnaidt! This guy blesses us with great slider sets for every main sports title and it’s no different with his ATD sliders set. He fixes the movement and makes sure the game provides a challenge while getting realistic stats.
Popboy-He has suggested that his sliders are compatible with ATD as well (shot timing sliders!)
KingsimKits-This is another shot timing set that mixes well with ATD

4. Timsmooth503pa - I’ve been following this guy since 2k17. He definitely deserves his respect when it comes to roster editing. He probably has the most unique editing style out of everyone listed. He created his own formula but it still works. Like the others listed, he does individual edits, tendencies, lineups, hotspots, etc. He also updates his roster everyday. Wait for it…. He also has his own slider set! Don’t you love it when these guys make life easy on us and do we not have to search for them:

-Use his slider set only

5. Official 2k Roster - we all know how the 2k rosters operate so won’t go into too much detail. People have so many negative comments about the 2k rosters but coming from a person who used to be an NBA Live gamer, they are much better than those. I still like them:

-Default sliders HOF - when you master the gameplay they are not bad. Hint learn how to give yourself space off the dribble and knockdown stepbacks.
-Popboy - provides a slightly more realistic experience than the defaults.
-Kingsimkits - same as above ⬆️

6. Crazyh16 is his online ID but on here he goes by MJWizards - He has the best Magic / Bird, Jordan Era, Kobe era rosters by far and has been doing it a long time! From what I see he pretty much sticks to the 2k formula. He also adds in missing players as well. He does individual rating edits, badges, and lineups.

-Best sliders to use are definitely the defaults.

7. HoodiePap22 - he’s a big sleeper because I found him on twitter and I don’t even remember how. I don’t think he follows a formula but I still got good gameplay results. I can’t give you much info or background on his roster. I do know in addition to doing modern era, he also does Kobe era and LeBron era rosters. Idk if he does Bird/Magic and Jordan era but just doing multiple eras in general is a tough task which is why it deserves my acknowledgment:

-I’ve only used these with defaults and when you see his shooting ratings you’ll see why. If there are others you can add the feedback to this thread.

Rosters to look out for in the future: Zakmarcin: last year he provided my favorite post draft roster on 2k22 PS5. I think he might do another roster this season as well. When he releases it I’ll also do the same for him.

& I will update these if I find more. I want to thank all these contributors for all the hardwork they put into these projects and I hope this helped a lot people out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by atlwarya; 04-19-2023 at 02:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2023, 04:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2023 Best Roster and Sliders Combos PS5

Thanks! Im trying out Tynole now.
Old 04-20-2023, 06:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

Really informative thread. Definitely for someone who has "slideritus" like myself. Two quick questions though.

1.) What roster/slider combo are you using right now? I know you mentioned Real2kInsider was your favorite roster, what sliders are you using until popboy updates his?

2.) Do you use shot timing or real FG%?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-20-2023, 08:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decent at Best
Really informative thread. Definitely for someone who has "slideritus" like myself. Two quick questions though.

1.) What roster/slider combo are you using right now? I know you mentioned Real2kInsider was your favorite roster, what sliders are you using until popboy updates his?

2.) Do you use shot timing or real FG%?

I’m actually playing HOF default until popboy releases his final set. I use shot timing no shot meter. Broadcast Cam pro stick orientation on camera relative and if I do 2K cam I switch it back to absolute. Real2Kinsider roster is so good it actually makes the default slider gameplay better.

Old 04-20-2023, 10:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarya
I’m actually playing HOF default until popboy releases his final set. I use shot timing no shot meter. Broadcast Cam pro stick orientation on camera relative and if I do 2K cam I switch it back to absolute. Real2Kinsider roster is so good it actually makes the default slider gameplay better.

Thanks for the reply! Last question - what about game speed?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2023, 12:06 AM   #6
Rookie

I just keep it at 50 with Real2Kinsider rosters. With how he does his roster it’s meant to fix the game on default settings. It’s one thing to adjust the game speed with slider changes but when it comes to the defaults 50 is perfect. The animations look more fluid, the foot planting looks on point, and the physics are also better. If you put the game speed too high it breaks the game and you have to be careful, because you’ll start to see warp dunks, and glitchy blocks. It gets pretty weird. 2k next Gen is very tricky with sliders and physics. We sometimes get too obsessed with fixing the game, when we should trust what’s already there sometimes. We have to understand what roster you’re using and what it fixes. You never want your roster and sliders conflicting with each other. For example with his roster more players on each team have badges which trigger certain animations, the verticals are adjusted, the speeds are adjusted.

Old 04-21-2023, 01:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Man Tynoles Roster and slider set gave me a challenge. I had to be strategic and play defense off ball with AD late in the 4th. I edged the Grizzlies 140-133 in OT. Bane was killing me. Ja had gotten injured with a collapsed lung but they still had me stressing lol.

I also switched back to Real2Kinsider roster switched the pro stick orientation absolute on broadcast cam and it was better than camera relative. For this game I used default. I won 114-92. The game was close until the last 5 mins. I was even losing at one point. On this Roster Ja likes to go to the cup and dunk or get a layup until he drops 50 points. I used a lot of help defense on him because it disrupted their game plan. He only dropped 21 points. This game has multiple ways of playing good defense. You can’t play every team the same way. 2k23 does not get enough credit for that. Some teams on ball defense is better and other teams off ball defense is better.

Last edited by atlwarya; 04-21-2023 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2023, 03:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarya
Man Tynoles Roster and slider set gave me a challenge. I had to be strategic and play defense off ball with AD late in the 4th. I edged the Grizzlies 140-133 in OT. Bane was killing me. Ja had gotten injured with a collapsed lung but they still had me stressing lol.

I also switched back to Real2Kinsider roster switched the pro stick orientation absolute on broadcast cam and it was better than camera relative. For this game I used default. I won 114-92. The game was close until the last 5 mins. I was even losing at one point. On this Roster Ja likes to go to the cup and dunk or get a layup until he drops 50 points. I used a lot of help defense on him because it disrupted their game plan. He only dropped 21 points. This game has multiple ways of playing good defense. You can’t play every team the same way. 2k23 does not get enough credit for that. Some teams on ball defense is better and other teams off ball defense is better.

Yeah Tynoles roster and sliders are tough! but really fun!

I made a playoff scenario with them if anyone wants to use it.

PSN:BandOfGypsys91

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »