Home

NBA 2K23 Attention to detail Roster (PS4/PS5/XB1/XBSX/PC/Switch)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Attention to detail Roster (PS4/PS5/XB1/XBSX/PC/Switch) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2022, 09:21 AM   #9
Pro

Becanes's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K23 Attention to detail Roster (PS4/PS5/XB1/XBSX/PC/Switch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
Looking good. If you need any help for the Xbox Series X version, feel free to hit me up
Check his original post and join the discord channel. On there they will be discussing editing and everything.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:28 AM   #10
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
Looking good. If you need any help for the Xbox Series X version, feel free to hit me up
Hey man, this the link of our discord where we coordinate all the work https://discord.gg/bSRKc2VBq5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Will you be doing any work on the legends, at all?

These threads are always awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreengutta
wasn't there a atd classic roster for 2k22. 2k23 eras '84 atd roster with draft classes by atd
Hopefully we'll work on legends/Eras once the roster is out, our focus now is on realising the modern roster
Old 09-12-2022, 12:56 PM   #11
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

A little sneak peak comparison

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2022, 03:41 PM   #12
Rookie

Not gonna lie, I was disappointed with NBA 2K22 even when ATD was released. I guess there was no saving that game.

This year's game needs significant AI work, too, but I have faith. Hopefully playbooks/tendencies will fix things up and make an interesting basketball experience. 2K23 is just so.. bland. Playing defense is boring since the AI has no creativity with ball handling, passing, or play calling. And getting open shots and green-ing them is too easy.

I'll be keeping an eye out for this!
Old 09-14-2022, 05:54 PM   #13
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSteezy
Not gonna lie, I was disappointed with NBA 2K22 even when ATD was released. I guess there was no saving that game.

This year's game needs significant AI work, too, but I have faith. Hopefully playbooks/tendencies will fix things up and make an interesting basketball experience. 2K23 is just so.. bland. Playing defense is boring since the AI has no creativity with ball handling, passing, or play calling. And getting open shots and green-ing them is too easy.

I'll be keeping an eye out for this!
The game flow is our big focus this year. After a few games I immediately know what we shoud edit first. The XBox side is a bit ahead of the PS5, but as of now we:
  • Reduced the 10-seconds standing dribbling by the CPU
  • Raised the amount of passes per possesions
  • Raised the amount of drive and kicks
  • Removed those ugly 6-feet jumpers

Plus other things (better shot distribution between stars and role players, corrected the pullups and drive moves values, etc). CPU stars now have more variety on offense.

We're very close to start tendencies testing and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. The animation team did their part this year, they just needed an extra boost. And we still haven't touched badges, attributes and playbooks. Def gonna be great year for 2K players.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:06 PM   #14
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLG
The game flow is our big focus this year. After a few games I immediately know what we shoud edit first. The XBox side is a bit ahead of the PS5, but as of now we:

Plus other things (better shot distribution between stars and role players, corrected the pullups and drive moves values, etc). CPU stars now have more variety on offense.

We're very close to start tendencies testing and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. The animation team did their part this year, they just needed an extra boost. And we still haven't touched badges, attributes and playbooks. Def gonna be great year for 2K players.
Celtic, as one of many that doesn't purchase the game until your first iteration of rosters comes out... I did buy this game upon release and I already am in love with it... so I just KNOW your team and you are going to take this game from already possible best sports game of all time to GOAT level. Thanks for all you all do, you help bring the game to life.

Last edited by HeatLifer; 09-16-2022 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:10 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLG

Big hype!

It's just weird seeing dudes like Frank Kaminsky and Tyus Jones relentlessly attack the rim for 15 seconds and make a contested layup with no offensive sequence.

There were also moments where I could leave someone like Jaylen Brown wide open in the corner when he was one pass away and the HOF AI wouldn't pass him the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2022, 05:06 PM   #16
Rookie

Is the roster out already?

Sorry, I'm new to this

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »