Home

No Real Time/ Timer in Auction House...

This is a discussion on No Real Time/ Timer in Auction House... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
No Real Time/ Timer in Auction House...

Does anyone remember how before release 2K mentioned that the auction house will have a real time counter for when an auction ends? I'm seeing the exact same issues I've had in MT from years past. I see Diamond Kobe going for X with 23 seconds left. I go to bid, "Another User has already bought out this auction". And no, there is obviously no BIN for this auction. Just wondering if anyone heard that 2K changed that claim. And yes, I refresh multiple times.

Also, wasn't there also a blurb about being able to "stack" multiple cards into a sale? Let's say I have the entire Bronze and Silver collection to the Lakers. I want to bundle them together and sell them for let's say 20K MT. I thought that was a thing, No? What reminded me was I have Stockton/ Malone that would be great to sell as a pair. The Dynamic Duo makes them both Diamond, but separate they might not make me as much as I'd like. Put them together and I could make a profit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: No Real Time/ Timer in Auction House...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
Does anyone remember how before release 2K mentioned that the auction house will have a real time counter for when an auction ends? I'm seeing the exact same issues I've had in MT from years past. I see Diamond Kobe going for X with 23 seconds left. I go to bid, "Another User has already bought out this auction". And no, there is obviously no BIN for this auction. Just wondering if anyone heard that 2K changed that claim. And yes, I refresh multiple times.

Also, wasn't there also a blurb about being able to "stack" multiple cards into a sale? Let's say I have the entire Bronze and Silver collection to the Lakers. I want to bundle them together and sell them for let's say 20K MT. I thought that was a thing, No? What reminded me was I have Stockton/ Malone that would be great to sell as a pair. The Dynamic Duo makes them both Diamond, but separate they might not make me as much as I'd like. Put them together and I could make a profit.
I have had this issue as well, and it is very irritating. I believe the problem is that the 2k servers are laggy and do not properly sync with everybody that is on the auction house. This is complete speculation on my part.

Secondly, I do remember when 2K was initially marketing 2K18 they mentioned that we would be able to stack multiple cards. I completely forgot about this until you raised the issue again in this post. However, 2k also marketed multi-player moments challenges so who knows what will happen.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:04 PM   #3
MVP

Basically, whether by design or some inability to guaranty sync between local and server clocks, the auction timers are not reliable, once you get inside of 1 minute. I assume it's on purpose and I actually think it's not so bad, because it pushes people to bid to win if they really want a card and not have everyone all sit and collectively wait until the final 5 seconds to try to outsnipe each other.

On stacking cards...we can stack. But only Consumables: Shoes, Badges, Contracts, Strategy, and Injury cards. And also the stack must be Qty 20 of the same card.

I've been stockpiling badges the last month or two, and I have something like a dozen 20-pack stacks of badges in my AH inventory. Five or six 20-packs of various Contracts, and also (stupidly) about a half-dozen stacks of Strategy cards.

So it works and it's a really nice change, to allow for this type of hoarding.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Basically, whether by design or some inability to guaranty sync between local and server clocks, the auction timers are not reliable, once you get inside of 1 minute. I assume it's on purpose and I actually think it's not so bad, because it pushes people to bid to win if they really want a card and not have everyone all sit and collectively wait until the final 5 seconds to try to outsnipe each other.

On stacking cards...we can stack. But only Consumables: Shoes, Badges, Contracts, Strategy, and Injury cards. And also the stack must be Qty 20 of the same card.

I've been stockpiling badges the last month or two, and I have something like a dozen 20-pack stacks of badges in my AH inventory. Five or six 20-packs of various Contracts, and also (stupidly) about a half-dozen stacks of Strategy cards.

So it works and it's a really nice change, to allow for this type of hoarding.
Do you mind breaking down how to do that? I'd like to put something like that together.
Thanks
Old 01-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
Do you mind breaking down how to do that? I'd like to put something like that together.
Thanks
It's not actually complicate. Once you get to Qty 20 of a consumable, go to that item's page in your Inventory and one of the options you'll have is to send the entire stack of 20 to the auction house.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 06:21 AM   #6
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
It's not actually complicate. Once you get to Qty 20 of a consumable, go to that item's page in your Inventory and one of the options you'll have is to send the entire stack of 20 to the auction house.
Got it, thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »