Home

R.I.P Sim gamers (MTO) only

This is a discussion on R.I.P Sim gamers (MTO) only within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
R.I.P Sim gamers (MTO) only

After getting Pink Diamond Duncan easily (245-10 record) 30% plays called,I have trouble beating the MTO mode in my second go around, I challenge myself that I can breeze though the MTO mode easy but just running plays, Im running plays around 70% of the time (Heat Playbook) and barely making the cut in leagues.. Im to embarrass to post my record but I can say that you cant win running plays now, I thought that players with basketball IQ would win most of the time, boy I was wrong.... I want to lead by example by winning MTO mode again but I having trouble and now stuck in Pink Diamond League...

learn how to cheese and play to win, Im sorry for letting everyone down, I will beat the mode again somehow some way....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2017, 12:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: R.I.P Sim gamers (MTO) only

Don't do it! Fight the Dark Side!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-21-2017, 12:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law504
After getting Pink Diamond Duncan easily (245-10 record) 30% plays called,I have trouble beating the MTO mode in my second go around, I challenge myself that I can breeze though the MTO mode easy but just running plays, Im running plays around 70% of the time (Heat Playbook) and barely making the cut in leagues.. Im to embarrass to post my record but I can say that you cant win running plays now, I thought that players with basketball IQ would win most of the time, boy I was wrong.... I want to lead by example by winning MTO mode again but I having trouble and now stuck in Pink Diamond League...

learn how to cheese and play to win, Im sorry for letting everyone down, I will beat the mode again somehow some way....
I dunno man, I've always thought the most unstoppable MT player would be some sort of sim/cheeser hybrid. Someone who can run a free-lance, exploit mismatches but also knows the cheese. Perhaps you can become that my friend....
Old 02-21-2017, 01:17 AM   #4
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

The only games I know I'm gonna be in for a dog fight are teams that I see PD Isiah Thomas on. That right there lets me know it's gonna be 5 out cheese city.

And I don't mean to be rude, but going 245-10 to all of a sudden struggling doesn't add up at all. If you're capable of winning 96% of 255 played games, then that's more than enough sample size to prove dominance in this mode & that you know how basketball works.

That'd be like Curry or Klay having a 3 point shooting % of someone like Wade for the next 50 games in real life.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see the part where you said "only running plays". Plays in this game are trash & take forever to initiate. Even when they do, screens are set poorly and receivers don't make their routes around screens any better.

Last edited by Cowboyfan_19; 02-21-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:36 AM   #5
Rookie

Law weren't you the one who had said long time back to pick Lucas as the reward and that you were killing it with him using the wizards playbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

In MT sim players always have the advantage early in the game cycle. The cheesers are still mastering the new exploits. This year with the nerfed ratings it was a lot easier to dominate early on. Bad player didn't have op cards to bail them out. As time passed more and more op cards were released and cheesers have the mechanics down pat. In MTO a high level cheeser will beat a level sim players most of the time. 2k has made strides in making the game more sim but most of it thrown out the window in MT, with all these cards with inflated rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see the part where you said "only running plays". Plays in this game are trash & take forever to initiate. Even when they do, screens are set poorly and receivers don't make their routes around screens any better.

They're a lot of trash plays but overall plays aren't trash. All the bumping and hold that goes on does slow down a lot of plays making a plan to run. Understand formations and where your players have to be for a play to start alleviates a lot of that. Once you weed out the bad ones running plays is rewarding. Every PB I used have atleast 3/5 plays that will get me a good shot.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:39 AM   #7
Rookie

Last year I only lost 2 games in MTO mode and thats by playing sim ball, Im just saying that you need to change your style of play if you want to win this year, you need to cheese, I hate cheesing and i feel very bad for cheesing my first try when I got Duncan but now that Im bored I want to beat MTO again by just running plays and its very hard.... lol
Old 02-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
In MT sim players always have the advantage early in the game cycle. The cheesers are still mastering the new exploits. This year with the nerfed ratings it was a lot easier to dominate early on. Bad player didn't have op cards to bail them out. As time passed more and more op cards were released and cheesers have the mechanics down pat. In MTO a high level cheeser will beat a level sim players most of the time. 2k has made strides in making the game more sim but most of it thrown out the window in MT, with all these cards with inflated rating.

They're a lot of trash plays but overall plays aren't trash. All the bumping and hold that goes on does slow down a lot of plays making a plan to run. Understand formations and where your players have to be for a play to start alleviates a lot of that. Once you weed out the bad ones running plays is rewarding. Every PB I used have atleast 3/5 plays that will get me a good shot.
This is why we NEED a 3 different MTO leagues. one for overall team rating less than 80, another for 90 or 95 and one more that's unrestricted.

At least give us restricted leagues early on. Unrestricted all the way through is so cheese.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »