Home

Im taking action. Join me.

This is a discussion on Im taking action. Join me. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2017, 06:09 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Im taking action. Join me.

Enough is enough. Stay tuned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2017, 06:49 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Im taking action. Join me.

Here's the deal.

I'm putting a few things together. I have an attorney in the family. I talked him about the Topps lawsuit regarding pack odds. He's very familiar with RICO cases. He asked me a ton of questions, which actually gave me a little hope.

The main conversation covered 2 things:
1. Pack odds. Plain and simple. No real explanation meeded, hopefully.

2. The possible correlation between money spent and "nerfing"/rubberbanding/equalizer. I have been consistently been putting cash into the game. Lucky for me, I've written down every single game score since release. On paper.

The friend was actually more interested in hearing about #2 bc he said that pack odds would take very little effort to convince a judge to rule in player's favor. Good news guys!

If it turns out that I can even come up with more-than-speculative evidence (ie my list will suffice for now....but I need more ppls records), he has offered to look into filing a suit at no cost.

I don't want to say too much more. But I will say one more thing......if there is a system/algorithm in place that lessens pack odds if more packs are opened, we could all be very happy customers.

Please discuss this. PM me to give me your lists/records. Need to be pix. I'll be posting more Monday afternoon.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #3
MVP

Unfortunately I am from Greece and we don not have same law system

Having said this it is will be very difficult to fight against such a big company, and as Ultimate Team mode is very common accross all games there will be probably a law enabling these (e.g you are paying for a pack with 5 cards and one player and this is what you get regardless etc and this type of bull****)

Just because it is unfair or unethical, doesn't mean it is not lawful

This is a terrible part of the world we live in.

I hope you do something about it, but most probable scenario is that you could go to a yearly fight against 100 lawyers with unlimited time and resources that will delay, delay, delay any process until you give up.

Anyway, I wish every luck
Old 01-15-2017, 08:02 AM   #4
Pro

roboas's Arena

A class action against take two would be successful for the lawyers, but not for us. Yes, the case is a slam dunk, take two knows that, and they would settle before the judge had an opportunity to hear the case. But in any class action, the lawyers make an absurd amount of money and the class members usually get a pittance.

More importantly, by admitting fault, take two will be off the hook in the future because they can't be punished for the same action twice. So there's no incentive on their end to improve anything, and the settlement money will be handed to the plaintiff's lawyers with a wink and a nod, as this is the way business is conducted in the US.

RICO cases are different, and there is a possibility that you could win that and make off with enough in damages to put take two out of business, but the bar will be much higher.

Last edited by roboas; 01-15-2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
Pro

Everything that is being discussed right now On my end is pushing me to believe that we won't be filing class action. But if it did, 2k wouldn't be the one we are filing against. According to a little bird, there is another company that makes more money on the identical format.....that has an awful legal team. Its already basically out of my hands. He called me this morning to let me know he's going full bore. Someone with his experience, being so confident....makes me think we can all just sit back with a bag of popcorn. He has offered to begin this process for free, so I couldn't imagine him doing that unless he was very confident in a solid case.

I should probably steer away from details on here, just from a legal POV. I'll try to keep the updates coming with as much info as I can share. Just know that I have better things to do than full my brain with delusions that this could go somewhere. And so far, this is far from that

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #6
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
More importantly, by admitting fault, take two will be off the hook in the future because they can't be punished for the same action twice. So there's no incentive on their end to improve anything, and the settlement money will be handed to the plaintiff's lawyers with a wink and a nod, as this is the way business is conducted in the US.
That's not true at all. You're thinking of double jeopardy, where you can't try someone for the same crime twice. If a judge finds against 2k and then they do it again, they can be brought to trial again and the judge is more likely to find for the plaintiff than he was the first time.

If a judge found for the plaintiff in this case, 2k would be meticulous about stating pack odds going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
RICO cases are different, and there is a possibility that you could win that and make off with enough in damages to put take two out of business, but the bar will be much higher.
Enh, if there is a RICO case like there was with Topps, lawyers will be coming out of the woodwork to jump on this case. And given that there was already a ruling, it would be a very easy case. 2k would argue that these are virtual items, and that they don't have resale value in real life the way that sports cards do.

Another thing to consider is EA and Sony. Are they opposed to the idea of stating pack odds? They could jump in and lend 2k a hand in terms of legal costs if they were afraid the ruling would restrict them. Or it could be that they don't really care about having to state pack odds and would have no problem stating them.

I hope something comes of this. It's a very interesting argument.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:42 PM   #7
Pro

I have spent a stupid amount of money on the game this year.. But my pack odds have been very good. In fact I spent more money this year than any previous year as well I got better pulls this year than any year before. If you want my information I can calculate exactly how much I spent on vc this year for you.

I'm sure there is a case to have them be more transparent with there pack odds. Especially considering the price. 50 dollars a box. That's big money for your only disclosure to be, "a chance at pulling a high rated card".

As far as rubber banding goes. I found the more money I spent and the better my team the more games I lost and more blatantly noticeable the equalizer became. It's as of the game punishes me for having a better team. With this is mind, I have no idea how this can be tied in to part 1.

I feel as there is a strong case for part 1 because it is a form of gambling. Part 2 is definitely related to the shady business dealing in part 1 but I don't know if that is something that can be fought to change or if it's just bad business on 2ks end.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
As far as rubber banding goes. I found the more money I spent and the better my team the more games I lost and more blatantly noticeable the equalizer became. It's as of the game punishes me for having a better team.
100% agree with this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »