Home

Diamond TBT JR Smith

This is a discussion on Diamond TBT JR Smith within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Diamond TBT JR Smith

It's a lot of great cards out there, that are just amazing. But man, I was lucky enough to pull JR last Thursday, my first diamond pull of the year. When I got him I was thinking I would sell him and get purple Kobe and purple VC or something like that. Or just save the MT. But man, I have to admit. He is my favorite player to use in the game. Does anyone else use him? He is prob the best offensive player I've ever used in the mode dating all the way back to 2k13 MT. Nique and MJ in 2k13 was nasty and cheesy but I have to give JR the nod even over them two. All-Star Magic might be the best overall card.

I'm looking forward to trying to get Diamond TBT Kobe in the future and I've used him quite a bit. But the only thing with him is JR's release is so much more smooth than Kobe's. Kobe has the better fade and dunk animations, but some get blocked a lot. JR has more simple dunks, don't get blocked as much which I like. Crawford has that cheesy crossover animation, but I prefer JR's release and finishing ability.

JR's release is butter, and he gets a lot of green releases too. His defense is also amazing. I threw a relentless finisher badge and posterizer badge on him. Now he finishes with the best of them.

Guy's like Rudy Gay, Monta Ellis, Crawford, and JR usually always play better than their ratings. That's been for years in 2k, but man. This JR is just insane. Kind of reminds me of what Steph Curry is supposed to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 09:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond TBT JR Smith

they changed his release last week. I liked it the way it was. it was lightning quick.
Old 04-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
they changed his release last week. I liked it the way it was. it was lightning quick.
I f**ckn knew there was something different with his release. Had him awhile back and sold him, ended up pulling him the other day and I thought i was ******** or something man cause of the change in his release. what was the reason for the change I wonder, All i kno is id take his old release animation over the new one anyday!! 2k does randomly does this on the sly, makes no sense. .:S
Old 04-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitManRan97
I f**ckn knew there was something different with his release. Had him awhile back and sold him, ended up pulling him the other day and I thought i was ******** or something man cause of the change in his release. what was the reason for the change I wonder, All i kno is id take his old release animation over the new one anyday!! 2k does randomly does this on the sly, makes no sense. .:S
IDK. I think if they let it go this long they should leave it. I can still time his release well but I dont like it like the other release. the first release was so fast....hard to close out and get a hand up. guess they thought it was OPed. but JR really does have a fast release IRL
Old 04-16-2016, 03:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

It was quicker than it was now? Wow, I love how it is now.

I sold him tho, ended up buying a badged up MVP Kobe with the MT, but if I pull another one I'm holding on to him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2016, 06:29 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJJJay
It was quicker than it was now? Wow, I love how it is now.

I sold him tho, ended up buying a badged up MVP Kobe with the MT, but if I pull another one I'm holding on to him.
IDK, I havent played with him in over a week, so its possible they changed it back, but the first one was one of the quickest releases in the game along with Courtney Lee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »