Home

Cannot add extra badges to TBT Vince Carter

This is a discussion on Cannot add extra badges to TBT Vince Carter within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

I bought a fully badges TBT Vince on XB1...no extra badges, just the ones included with the player card. I was able to add gold perimeter lockdown defender, but when I go to add intercepter, nothing happens and I'm unable to. I tried adding other badges in different slots, but none work. I see other same cards on the auction house with extra badges added. Anyone know what's wrong here? Thanks in advance for your help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Cannot add extra badges to TBT Vince Carter

I cannot buy Vince Carter period . Some cards have this issue. I think you can contact 2k support and they would fix it, but it will take like for ever.

You live with it, or sell him today, and get another one on Thursday that will be cheaper to avoid the tax loss
Old 03-21-2016, 04:49 PM   #3
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

So you tried to add interceptor, but it just didn't add? Try adding another and see if that does anything.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 03-21-2016, 05:39 PM   #4
MVP

put it in the badge thread here

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dges-list.html

they will get to it faster than going through support although it seems they may have taken a break since last fix
Old 03-21-2016, 07:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro_cow_tipper
So you tried to add interceptor, but it just didn't add? Try adding another and see if that does anything.
Yeah I tried multiple times after rebooting, etc. Then I tried different badges and no others would add. I I still have 4 empty slots so that kinda sucks because I'd like to boost his defense a little bit. I hate to have to live with it, and I don't wanna risk selling him and buying him back because who knows if the other one will be the same, and this one is all badged up. I'll post in that other forum as synistr mentioned. Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2016, 05:17 PM   #6
MVP

Yesterday, I picked up a TBT Vince with all standard badges upgraded to Gold, but nothing added. I guess I have no choice but to just simply try to add Badges to see if they take, or if my card version is glitched?

I've seen at least one TBT Vince with several more Gold Badges, so this glitch, at the least, is not effective on all cards.

This card is ridiculous, offensively, as people say. The highest Speed/Acceleration (94/95) for any player over 6'3" (some versions of D-Rose, Curry, and Westbrook are slightly faster/explosive), with 99 Vertical and 99/94 Driving Dunk/Layup. 90/92 Midrange and 90/86 3-Point shooting. 78 Post Fadeaway could be a reliable shot if buffed to 87 with a +9 Post-Fade Shoe. Excellent ball control and passing as well.

Obviously, his drawback is defense. Poor D IQ and bad Block/Contest. But has 80 Lat Quickness, which is not bad.

But he's an outrageous scorer, so worse defense could probably be justified. He can launch from out near the free-throw line for a really explosive dunk. He dunks in traffic, right on top of big defenders. The animation that seems to be used a lot is that double-pump that Rockets T-Mac uses a lot, too, and which keeps the ball in front of the player's body and this cannot really be blocked.

From outside, that 90/86 makes him a high-end shooter from range. Drop on a 3-point shoe and maybe he can be elite. I haven't been shooting in a way with him that stands out, but I've only played him a couple games and don't know if I just need to get more accustomed to his shooting stroke. Only bummer is that, from outside, he only has two hot zones. Overall, has something like three cold zones.

His animations are pretty strong. One of his lateral size-ups is nice. His stepback size-up creates quite a bit of distance immediately, as does his standard stepback.

And while the 18 included Badges are not all that impressive for a player of his caliber, he does have the extremely good Personality Badges you'd expect: Alpha Dog, Prime Time, Cool and Collected, Closer, Fierce Competition, Spark Plug, Swagger, and Heart and Soul.

A curious thing: despite having Cool and Collected, when I played him in a Gauntlet game, he got a cold ring and the cold ring wouldn't go away. Getting the cold ring didn't seem warranted and he dominated my scoring in a game I won, so it also definitely should have gone away. Haven't noticed this happening in the couple Challenge games I've played him in, vs. CPU.

At first, I thought I'd turn him around for a profit. But now I want to experiment with seeing how he'll do with various shoes, i.e.:

- Get his Speed/Accel to 99/95...which probably doesn't really do much except maybe help very slightly in a Fast Break to get him past some super-past guards.

- Increase Ball Control from 85 to whatever is possible...maybe 94? Curious if this makes him much more crisp in ISO play.

- See how reliable his Post Fade would be if kicked from 78 to 87.

- Of course, see if increasing his 90 Standing 3 makes him nutty from outside, if not already.

If none of the above seem to make an appreciable difference, then I'd probably just put the Shot Contest shoe on him to lessen the defensive liability he represents.

Will also add on Perimeter LD of course, so long as my card isn't glitched.

Last edited by harryl; 03-22-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
- Get his Speed/Accel to 99/95...which probably doesn't really do much except maybe help very slightly in a Fast Break to get him past some super-past guards.

- Increase Ball Control from 85 to whatever is possible...maybe 94? Curious if this makes him much more crisp in ISO play.

- See how reliable his Post Fade would be if kicked from 78 to 87.

- Of course, see if increasing his 90 Standing 3 makes him nutty from outside, if not already.

If none of the above seem to make an appreciable difference, then I'd probably just put the Shot Contest shoe on him to lessen the defensive liability he represents.

Hopefully adding extra badges isn't a thing and it just a few isolated incidents.

I'm planning on picking him up and he needs a few more key badges. Total number of badges really isn't important to me because they are only about 10 impactful offensive and he has most of them. He'll have enough slots for the defensive ones and Dimer.

As for shoes, BC is the one I'm rolling with and fell it'll make the biggest difference. The + 3 one is good enough as longest I get his BC over 86. He's on point shy, he gets those explosive first step animations whit the shoe. It makes a huge difference when breaking down your opponent off the dribble. A 90 3 ball and 94 speed is good enough imo.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I'm planning on picking him up and he needs a few more key badges. Total number of badges really isn't important to me because they are only about 10 impactful offensive and he has most of them. He'll have enough slots for the defensive ones and Dimer.
Yeah, he's stacked, in terms of Shooting Badges.

I think Amethysts get 5 Open Badge slots, right?

I think these are no-brainer must-adds:

1. Dimer
2. Perimeter Lockdown Defender
3. Pick Dodger

And then these are strong possibilities for 4th and 5th slots, in no particular order:

A. Eraser
B. Stepback Freeze
C. Brick Wall
D. Bruiser
E. Behind the Back Pro
F. Master of In and Out
G. Spin Kingpin
H. Teardropper

I think Eraser is most compelling. And then, for other slot, if he's a starter, then Bruiser is very compelling. After that, it's tough to justify a slot for a dribbling Badge, but it'd be nice to have all/most of those Badges on a guy who may be ISO'd a lot.

Quote:
As for shoes, BC is the one I'm rolling with and fell it'll make the biggest difference. The + 3 one is good enough as longest I get his BC over 86. He's on point shy, he gets those explosive first step animations whit the shoe. It makes a huge difference when breaking down your opponent off the dribble. A 90 3 ball and 94 speed is good enough imo.
Wish there was an easier way to test for this. Is it dramatic enough of a difference that you can actually compare despite a lot of time passing between playing him buffed two different ways?

One could test it best by creating two customized versions of him in a Custom Roster and then putting them on a team and going to Freestyle, but I don't think I have the patience for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »