Home

Taking budget baller to another level

This is a discussion on Taking budget baller to another level within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-19-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I decided to start RTTP on another account.

The goal is to see where I can get, without playing any challenges or domination. Only with MT from RTTP!!

I was lucky to start with Pierre Jackson and Vujacic and they carried me through the unrestricted seeds. My silver player was OJ Mayo (I was going for Kris Middelton).

I struggled during these seeds but I knew I'd go through them quickly (2 losses) so I started preparing to the 3 gold seeds.

My 1st pickup was DPOY Noah for 1400MT. People sleep on him and his passing ability and Dimer badge make him excellent on offence (and the 80 mid range)

My second pickup was Harrison Barnes for a cool 1800MT Carrol for 1400MT and Danny Green for 2000MT.

Once I was 1 game away from the 3 gold seed I sold Mcbuckets and Vujacic for a total of 3400MT and went shopping.

While preparing for the 3 gold seed I realised that I'd need strong defensive players, a PG that could really run the offence and someone to stop Westbrook.

I managed to pickup DPOY Michael Cooper for 2000 MT and Rubio for 1000MT.

I swept the 7th seed with Rubio, Cooper, Danny Green, Carrol and Noah. I was lucky enough not to get and opponent that exploited Carrol, because I didn't had anyone else

Currently on the 6th seed and just quick sold 2 bronze players and picked up TBT Kirilenko for 2800MT (seriously how do people sleep on him?).

So Demare to the bench and AK47 to the starting lineup.

Currently with 100MT and trying to sell the shoes from the reward packs, from which I also got Lavine (which isn't selling).

My bench is currently Pierre Jackson, Barnes, Carrol, Lauvergne and Dieng (reward pack).

I feel that I'm pretty much set, but should try to work on having a better bench.

After 2 games, I managed to win both with some luck, as when my bench came on (before Kirilenko), my opponent would usually go on a run.

So, the challenge now is to work on bench and prepare to the eventuality of getting to the unrestricted seeds.

Given that it will be hard to get more than 4000MT for each player, what would you guys recommend? I'm not good at going to the basket and like to move the ball around.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 01:17 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Taking budget baller to another level

good job so far. so no sniping/flipping? just strictly RTTP MT? if so....I would quick sell Dieng and get silver Alonzo. he has Defensive Anchor, plus 15 badges compared to Dieng. Better defender, just not as athletic. You can get I'm for around 1200mt most of the time.

likewise with silver Gary Payton. has 23 badges and can defend.

if you get up the MT, you can catch DR Wes Matthews for 2500mt or less and he can be one of your main scorers and 3pt shooters....and he can defend.

silver Rondo would be a great interchangeable piece with Rubio.

silver Laimbeer for pick-n-pop and post defense.

Pat Beverley, Tony Allen, and Dennis Scott are nice pieces as well.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #3
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

One thing I would do if you haven't is get your card count up to 250 to get the 20k MT bonus. Cheap cards like logos run for 250, play books, coaches and other cheap cards will help.

Also think about using the app on your phone to get free VC daily.

Keep scouring those auctions too. You can find some great deals if you keep digging.

Watch the teams you face to see who they use for ideas on who might make good players for your team as well.

Once you find guys you like upgrade their badges. Start with the 250 badges and move up as you can afford it.

Nice job good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 01-19-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
good job so far. so no sniping/flipping? just strictly RTTP MT? if so....I would quick sell Dieng and get silver Alonzo. he has Defensive Anchor, plus 15 badges compared to Dieng. Better defender, just not as athletic. You can get I'm for around 1200mt most of the time.

if you get up the MT, you can catch DR Wes Matthews for 2500mt or less and he can be one of your main scorers and 3pt shooters....and he can defend.

DR Pat Beverley is nice too! Great defence and can shoot the 3 ball very well. Personally I would take Giannis over Tony Allen though. Tony Allen does have the defensive anchor badge though I think.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz
DR Pat Beverley is nice too! Great defence and can shoot the 3 ball very well. Personally I would take Giannis over Tony Allen though. Tony Allen does have the defensive anchor badge though I think.

yeah, Allen has Anchor and will shut down 1-3. I didn't say DR Pat Beverley because I didn't know if he was out of price range for him. I have both but now have DR in my lineup a lot because he is elite defender with 88 std 3. I forced +9 speed shoe on him too so he is beastly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 01:36 PM   #6
Rookie

LegitSkillz's Arena

Quote:
yeah, Allen has Anchor and will shut down 1-3. I didn't say DR Pat Beverley because I didn't know if he was out of price range for him. I have both but now have DR in my lineup a lot because he is elite defender with 88 std 3. I forced +9 speed shoe on him too so he is beastly.

Never thought to give him speed shoes! I will try this when I get home. Tony Allen on offence is too suspect for me. The positions he plays on the floor are usually scoring options for me. But as a dedicated one dimensional role player, he's perfect!

Old 01-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

Yep, no snipping. I want to see how much the game actually allows me to go by just playing online.

Good call with Rondo and Alonzo. Will definitely put them on the shopping list.

After that, will go for Golds.

Thinking about Larry Johnson because of the post game and being able to shoot it as well. Is he good in game?
Old 01-19-2016, 01:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitSkillz

Yeah, Tony inability to shoot is a deal breaker for me. Already have weak shooting PGs. Giannis is a good call if I manage to get the MT. He can hold is own against any gold probably.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »