Home

*WIP* MyTeam Special Player Ratings Spreadsheet (Onyx, Ruby, etc)

This is a discussion on *WIP* MyTeam Special Player Ratings Spreadsheet (Onyx, Ruby, etc) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
*WIP* MyTeam Special Player Ratings Spreadsheet (Onyx, Ruby, etc)

Made this spreadsheet a while back but I never bothered to post on this forum.
So here it is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

If you have any questions about how I came to certain conclusions about any unreleased players feel free to ask.

Most of the ratings are 100% correct as of now, however 2k has recently been updating the ratings of the players before they release them (Onyx only though). They don't do this for all the players, and when they do the changes usually aren't to drastically different.

Green is 100% certain
Yellow is fairly certain
Red is uncertain
and blank means I haven't payed enough attention to that specific area

I found the unreleased players via this method that I discovered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9H61aIe9G8

Also, I can 100% guarantee that these are not ALL of the players, because some of them do not show via the method above. Players like Shawn Marion, Rashard Lewis for example do not show.

Edit: The purple color means that the player's ratings have been updated, but I have yet to go in and change them

Edit:
to 2k, why would you add so many new players, if you don't even add them to the regular roster? What's the point of adding 100s of new players and versions of players if your average 2k player wont ever get the opportunity to use them? Hell, even most of the MyTeam users wont even get to use them, cause players like kobe, robertson, nash, and bron go for 600k+ MT.

C'mon now 2k just put them on the regular roster in the free agent pool or add a tab for them. I, and many others would love to use all these prime versions of players in MyGM and MyLeague.

Last edited by jkpotter; 01-13-2015 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Question for 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 05:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: *WIP* MyTeam Special Player Ratings Spreadsheet (Onyx, Ruby, etc)

Awesome work on this. Couple of questions regarding Pink Diamonds. How did you manage to get the stats for all of the pink diamonds except the two that were actually released. Also, why are there 8 pink diamond cards listed when the mobile app says there will only be 7? Oscar Robertson hasn't been named before, as far as I know.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

i hope your right about that walton and iceman onyx cards. need those bad. very nice spread sheet.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
Awesome work on this. Couple of questions regarding Pink Diamonds. How did you manage to get the stats for all of the pink diamonds except the two that were actually released. Also, why are there 8 pink diamond cards listed when the mobile app says there will only be 7? Oscar Robertson hasn't been named before, as far as I know.
I got the stats via the glitch that I listed in the post, as far as determining that they were likely Pink Diamond, i basically looked at certain characteristics per card.

For example,
Onyx Cards have the draft year the same as the year of the card

Ruby's have increased stat's for whatever collection they belong in, IE Ruby T Ross has a 99 dunk, so he's therefore in the dunking related collection. I believe the sapphire rewards for those collections go by the same trend, but just with greater increases.

However Pink Diamonds are just better and general and don't fit into any specific category, their rating increases aren't focused on one single particular area. So if I saw a player, who was significantly better than their regular version, but didn't have any specific area that the increases were focused on, then odds are it is a PD.

As for the onyx O Rob, I just added that in there because of https://twitter.com/lenny_rolph 's tweets about it. I personally don't believe it is real, so thats why it is shaded red
Old 01-20-2015, 11:57 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpotter
I got the stats via the glitch that I listed in the post, as far as determining that they were likely Pink Diamond, i basically looked at certain characteristics per card.

For example,

Onyx Cards have the draft year the same as the year of the card

Ruby's have increased stat's for whatever collection they belong in, IE Ruby T Ross has a 99 dunk, so he's therefore in the dunking related collection. I believe the sapphire rewards for those collections go by the same trend, but just with greater increases.

However Pink Diamonds are just better and general and don't fit into any specific category, their rating increases aren't focused on one single particular area. So if I saw a player, who was significantly better than their regular version, but didn't have any specific area that the increases were focused on, then odds are it is a PD.

As for the onyx O Rob, I just added that in there because of https://twitter.com/lenny_rolph 's tweets about it. I personally don't believe it is real, so thats why it is shaded red

That Gary Payton is a passers theme ruby, not a pink Diamond.

XB1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2015, 01:17 AM   #6
Pro

This is really nice. Props for doing this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »