Home

Help a My Team Newbie - Packs and other stuff

This is a discussion on Help a My Team Newbie - Packs and other stuff within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Help a My Team Newbie - Packs and other stuff

Just started a my team and it's going smoothly so far. Played two games got some MT points so I thought I'd go and look at packs Now I'm thinking what to get when I have enough. Looking to improve the whole team rather than constantly target someone so what should I go for and get most out of my MT points.

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Re: Help a My Team Newbie - Packs and other stuff

are you asking what packs you should go for? if so, it depends on your game more than anything and how you play. if you are just trying to build up your team tho, i say hit up a Team builder /bronze/Silver/ Gold or even Green pack.

and i dont mean to hijack this topic but i cant make my own topic, but how does 2k match people up in my team? im in the 8th seed and i feel like im getting matched up with people who look like they are in the top 3 seeds (by looking at how their team stack up) so how exactly does 2k match you up? by seed or just by luck?
Old 07-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
Rookie

my advice is just dont spend any real money on this game mode. 2k15 is around the corner.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:00 AM   #4
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatmvpguy
my advice is just dont spend any real money on this game mode. 2k15 is around the corner.
I prefer to start from bottom and build so no real money would be spent anyway. I think contracts might be a problem in the future so need too bulk out my squad a bit. Are all packs one player? If so a team builder would be better than a bronze.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
Rookie

okc350's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWizard
I prefer to start from bottom and build so no real money would be spent anyway. I think contracts might be a problem in the future so need too bulk out my squad a bit. Are all packs one player? If so a team builder would be better than a bronze.
Bronze packs come with 3 bronze players. Team Builder packs are pretty much a waste IMO. If I were you I would get Historic Series packs and Season Update packs. Cheap and you can get a lot of good players out of them.

PG: Russell Westbrook/Stephen Curry/Gary Payton
SG: '91 Michael Jordan/Monta Ellis/Diamond Kobe
SF: LeBron James/Julius Erving
PF: Blake Griffin/'98 Tim Duncan
C: Bill Russell/1994-95 Shaq
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #6
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by okc350
Bronze packs come with 3 bronze players. Team Builder packs are pretty much a waste IMO. If I were you I'd get Historic Series packs and Season Update packs. Cheap and you can get a lot of good players out of them.
Thanks. Do the other basic packs(gold and silver)come with 3 players?

Opened a few Historic packs, series 1 got Bob Dandridge, Doc Rivers, Sam Jones and few Bronze Cs so not bad and at least a more competitive team.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
Rookie

okc350's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWizard
Thanks. Do the other basic packs(gold and silver)come with 3 players?

Opened a few Historic packs, series 1 got Bob Dandridge, Doc Rivers, Sam Jones and few Bronze Cs so not bad and at least a more competitive team.
To my knowledge they only come with one player. I would steer clear of those packs though, they tend to be of pretty poor value for what they cost.

Sam Jones is a beast, haven't used Dandridge all too much. If you don't mind pointing me in some direction as to what kind of play style you like I can suggest some packs/players for you to go after.

PG: Russell Westbrook/Stephen Curry/Gary Payton
SG: '91 Michael Jordan/Monta Ellis/Diamond Kobe
SF: LeBron James/Julius Erving
PF: Blake Griffin/'98 Tim Duncan
C: Bill Russell/1994-95 Shaq
Old 07-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #8
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by okc350
To my knowledge they only come with one player. I would steer clear of those packs though, they tend to be of pretty poor value for what they cost.

Sam Jones is a beast, haven't used Dandridge all too much. If you don't mind pointing me in some direction as to what kind of play style you like I can suggest some packs/players for you to go after.
Thanks I'll likely stick to historic packs.

I prefer to work the inside and use the post game but lacking players to do that atm so been focusing on playing through Dandridge. Now I got Sam Jones likely pull up from mid range more and quick transition.

Packs with decent post game big men I guess would be the most needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »