OVR: 0
Re: UFC 246

I hate the world
Old 01-19-2020, 12:44 AM   #43
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

IDK why people are mocking that fight. I actually did pay for it but i personally think i got my moneys worth. what a masterclass by conor, hes definitely back.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:44 AM   #44
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

The shoulder strikes and the head kick rocked Cowboy’s world.

And Conor said he’s not where he wants to be just yet. A motivated McGregor is a scary thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2020, 11:55 AM   #45
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Damn! Those shoulder strikes really did a number on Cerrone. Great performance by McGregor. He looked as good as ever.
Yh glad that Conor's back. That was nothing more than a tune up fight for him by the UFC though. They knew he'd likely beat Cowboy...especially at this point in Cowboy's career. Now it's time to make some big fights and big money. Really wanna see that Masvidal fight next for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2020, 12:52 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
The shoulder strikes and the head kick rocked Cowboy’s world.

And Conor said he’s not where he wants to be just yet. A motivated McGregor is a scary thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Conor truly believes he's not ready, that is a good sign that he serious. He could have called out for a title shot but he didn't.

That knee in the takedown attempt and shoulder strikes were all built to stop the champ who keeps his head to the side on all his takedowns.

I think he takes a few months and fights around April. Then sets up the title shot towards the end of the year. If he gets out quickly in April, he may even want to fight 4 times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by p_rushing; 01-19-2020 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:24 PM   #47
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
If Conor truly believes he's not ready, that is a good sign that he serious. He could have called out for a title shot but he didn't.

That knee in the takedown attempt and shoulder strikes were all built to stop the champ who keeps his head to the side on all his takedowns.

I think he takes a few months and fights around April. Then sets up the title shot towards the end of the year. If he gets out quickly in April, he may even want to fight 4 times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
While i'm sure he wants to fight for some title, I think he'll go after the money first. I'm sure the UFC also doesn't wanna put Conor in there with Usman yet either cuz of the style he brings. They know it's a good chance Conor will just get wrestled the whole fight and it could be potentially "boring". Think they'll go after the potentially more entertaining money fights first and that's either Masvidal or the Khabib rematch.

Last edited by WarMMA; 01-19-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #48
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I hate the world
agree. The fight put me in a visibly bad mood for almost a whole 24 hours lol.

The shoulders were cool though, never have seen that - especially do such major damage like that it was weird and insane.

I really hate all the fixed talk - like yeah I'm going to let you absolutely flatten my nose with your shoulder and take a dive. c'mon.

I just wish someone would hype cowboy up a bit before the opening bell, let's get intense, you can't be THAT relaxed!

he absolutely got starched and embarassed. If he keeps fighitng I hope he brings the noise and makes a point to go wild in the first 30 seconds and flip the script. Damn that was hard to watch!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »