Home

Poorly rated fighters in career mode?

This is a discussion on Poorly rated fighters in career mode? within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Poorly rated fighters in career mode?

I had a question about career mode. Twice i have gone through my career, fighting 28 fights in one, and 30 in another. After you retire a fighter, that fighter is available in exhibition and online modes, etc. However, both times that i have retired, my fighter's overall rating was surprisingly low (the one who fought 30 fights ws 59 ovr. and the one with 28 fights was 49 ovr.). I was wondering why this was, both of my fighters were fairly good, one finishing 22-8 and the other 21-7. I usually sparred once or twice between fights, earning a respectable amount of points, and i also did the training for strength, cardio, and speed accordingly to the weight class of my fighter, as well as attending the camps of my striking and grappling techniques, earning an average of 2-3 tasks out of the 7. when i finished with both of the careers, i was a level 2 in both of my specialty areas. When i sparred, i tried to add most of my points to the weaknesses of my fighter, trying to make him an all-rounder.

Any ideas on why my fighters are so poorly rated?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 02:54 AM   #2
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Poorly rated fighters in career mode?

did you actually work on improving your stats with sparring sessions and speed/strength/cardio workouts?
Old 06-19-2009, 05:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is a not hard question.Compare your end stats to the stats of a fighter in game.You probably need to get more points in the sparing sessions.I have retire early couple times with my guys at 84-85.

PS-The max amount you can get in sparring i believe is 132 points
Old 06-19-2009, 05:55 AM   #4
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

It's 144 points, not 132.

Always spar with 90%+ or higher stamina.

Get level 3 in both of your styles. You can fill up the bar another time after you get level 3 to get 15% bonus to the attributes they effect, which will also boost your overall. It's really not hard to get 5/7 tasks every camp invite, and that's the minimum you should shoot for since it takes you a minimum of 3 camp invites to level up once. Should take 18 camp invites max to get level 3 and a full bar for your styles.

It's very, very easy to get 80 strength, 100 cardio, 100 speed along with at least 70 base points in each attribute by the end of a career.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I made that mistake by not attending enough camps and focused on my strength too much. I will try again and really need to improve my sparring I have had too many sessions result in 16-20 points.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »