Home

UFC 2009 Undisputed Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on UFC 2009 Undisputed Demo Impressions within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
UFC 2009 Undisputed Demo Impressions

Hey dudes. I got the demo because of a really nice american on the game site's forum.

First off, I'm loving the game. The striking feels good when you're playing it despite some minor gripes i had seeing vids online. The 'whack!' of a hard body kick is oh so satisfying.

I beat Rua w/ Chuck in my first 2 matches with 1st round KO's (near end of round) ...now after that I bumped up the difficulty to max (expert) there are four levels I believe.

I felt lucky to get out of the 1st round alive, and near the end of the second rua pounded me out from mount. Now I'm doing the tutorials because I need a better understanding of the ground game. I escaped a rear naked and 2 arm-bar attempts though.

I have no idea what i'm doing in the clich either, but sprawling rua's tackdown attempts felt natural until I was kicking, at that point, it seemed easy for him (as it should be)

The presentation is wonderful, as are the graphics...for example i cut rua clean accross the bridge of his nose and it started leaking and getting on the mat. The replays are very nice and you get a few angles for a KO and it just felt awesome.

My first match, even though I won, Rua was stalking me and I kept backing off, and staying away from the cage so that I had room to jab and punch a bit and throw some kicks - i'm not going to lie, I got a rush playing my first match it was intense.

I'm not sure what else to say about it. I'm going to check out the tutorial and play some more, but nothing seemed 'bad' to me, I really liked every aspect of the game except for breaking from the clinch and rua standing up after I knocked him down once, it seemed like I should have been able to take advantage more,...but it really feels like a badass polished game.

I guess ExtremeGamer will add more when he posts.

edit: Wow, the tutorial is super deep. Part of being successful will be being able to stay calm since the transitions reward a deliberate move on the rs, clinching for striking is deeper than I thought too, and they use the closed guard as a method to get a stand-up from the ref. lol.

striking is different than I understood...there's too much to remember like clicking the left stick to try to stand up, there's just so many options it will take a while - takedowns, strike clinches and underhook clinches, stuffs ...it's pretty crazy.

back to the demo!

Last edited by allBthere; 04-17-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: UFC 2009 Undisputed Demo Impressions

Nice,sounds alot better then I thought it would be.I cannot wait until next Thursday.You ge tthe demo for 360 or ps3?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

One word....WOW.

The demo is pretty damn good. The only issue I have so far is that I've fought Rua twice and he hasnt attempted one takedown. First fight I lost because of a Rua armbar and the second was from a Rua head kick. I dont know how to block yet so that could be a reason.

I have no idea what gamespot was talking about. Rua was crazy agressive against me. I was trying to fight like Chuck in real life. Dancing, staying opn the outside, looking for the counter punch and Rua just kept coming. And this was on Beginner. LOL.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
One word....WOW.

The demo is pretty damn good. The only issue I have so far is that I've fought Rua twice and he hasnt attempted one takedown. First fight I lost because of a Rua armbar and the second was from a Rua head kick. I dont know how to block yet so that could be a reason.

I have no idea what gamespot was talking about. Rua was crazy agressive against me. I was trying to fight like Chuck in real life. Dancing, staying opn the outside, looking for the counter punch and Rua just kept coming. And this was on Beginner. LOL.
try one up from beginner after doing the tutorial...that's what I did...he goes for takedowns all the time. I don't even wnat to mess with him on the ground so a lot of the time I'll just standup (left button) if I'm dominant. It's very very very hard to get up from mount, either you give your back, but then you just go back to mount . or you get pounded.
There is literally too much to understand at once though, I'm going to have to do the tutorial way more. for example when I'm in underhooks, i forget what to do and just stand mashing out of desperation. I got rua in a full thai clinch w/ just by transitioning but never tried to thai 'whip' him, not sure if non-thai guys can do that. I love being able to move a bit while jabbing, and I'm tossing some big combo's together. At least if I lose, ...he looked effed up too lol.
One of my favorite things to do so far is blasting hard knee's from side control! you can do little 'how ya doin' ones, or the jumping into them trying to bust ribs style.

shame there is no live for the demo though.

360 btw.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22
Icon5 Re: UFC 2009 Undisputed Demo Impressions

Did you get the demo early because you pre-ordered at Gamestop??? If so, how does it work???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
Did you get the demo early because you pre-ordered at Gamestop??? If so, how does it work???

Yep. You go to the store and they give you a code.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

This game RULES. It's like watching a UFC broadcast, even has Joe Rogan. I knocked out Rua 45 seconds in with a left elbow. They showed the replay like 10 times.

EDIT - I don't have the Gamestop demo, but I had the same issues everyone else did.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 04-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
This game RULES. It's like watching a UFC broadcast, even has Joe Rogan. I knocked out Rua 45 seconds in with a left elbow. They showed the replay like 10 times.

EDIT - I don't have the Gamestop demo, but I had the same issues everyone else did.
well how exactly did you get the demo?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »