Home

10 Fixes for Stadium Creator (likely The Show 23)

This is a discussion on 10 Fixes for Stadium Creator (likely The Show 23) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2022, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
10 Fixes for Stadium Creator (likely The Show 23)

While I wish some of these basic fixes could’ve been implemented by the 2022 release, I am at least appreciative that they added the night lighting and night game playability.

I’ve just created a stadium called Google Park set in Austin and encourage the Xbox Series X community to download if they like. I think it’s a decent effort. On to the list of fixes:

1. Add yellow paint to the tops of outfield fences (I’d like to think this one might be able to be patched in for this year’s release).

2. Add footages on left, right, and center field fences.

3. Allow logo importation and/or custom art/text on fences. This is key and great for immersion.

4. Fix the ridiculous prop build restriction around the Batter’s Eye props. Should still be able to save that at least—even if unavailable for competitive game purposes.

5. As above, allow for user-created Batter’s Eye scenery.

6. Allow for outfield bullpen placement and modification of existing baseline bullpens.

7. Allow fans (or groups of fans, standing or seated) to be placed on concourse prop areas. Will add life to the created stadia.

8. Tied to #3, above, make adding text easier and more streamlined. It’s very clunky and too complicated to put phrases together with the existing text set up.

9. Create an additional set of smaller and more user friendly signs for ads using existing in-game sponsors.

10. Instead of having to manually layer concourse or structural props, allow for an auto-layering feature.

Those are my 10 biggest suggestions. Fortunately, most of this should be easy to implement if the devs will devote the attention to these fixes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2022, 06:47 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: 10 Fixes for Stadium Creator (likely The Show 23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDaniel
While I wish some of these basic fixes could’ve been implemented by the 2022 release, I am at least appreciative that they added the night lighting and night game playability.

I’ve just created a stadium called Google Park set in Austin and encourage the Xbox Series X community to download if they like. I think it’s a decent effort. On to the list of fixes:

1. Add yellow paint to the tops of outfield fences (I’d like to think this one might be able to be patched in for this year’s release).

2. Add footages on left, right, and center field fences.

3. Allow logo importation and/or custom art/text on fences. This is key and great for immersion.

4. Fix the ridiculous prop build restriction around the Batter’s Eye props. Should still be able to save that at least—even if unavailable for competitive game purposes.

5. As above, allow for user-created Batter’s Eye scenery.

6. Allow for outfield bullpen placement and modification of existing baseline bullpens.

7. Allow fans (or groups of fans, standing or seated) to be placed on concourse prop areas. Will add life to the created stadia.

8. Tied to #3, above, make adding text easier and more streamlined. It’s very clunky and too complicated to put phrases together with the existing text set up.

9. Create an additional set of smaller and more user friendly signs for ads using existing in-game sponsors.

10. Instead of having to manually layer concourse or structural props, allow for an auto-layering feature.

Those are my 10 biggest suggestions. Fortunately, most of this should be easy to implement if the devs will devote the attention to these fixes.
these sound more like ideas and wishes as opposed to fixes. Regardless I would like to see astroturf infields.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:56 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Markings on the walls and ads on the walls and around the stadium is desperately needed.

I also wish the stands were done differently. SDS should look at what Big Ant Studios has done in their Rugby, Cricket, and Tennis game. You can pick a general stands type, then pick the number of sections, the number of decks, seat type, the angles that it bends, etc. You aren't stuck trying to manually curve the stands in the least jarring way. you can just select the angle you want that section to bend and it all works seamlessly.

― Plato
Old 04-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #4
Rookie

nflman2033's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
these sound more like ideas and wishes as opposed to fixes. Regardless I would like to see astroturf infields.
Astro turf is huge need, I mean just give is Metrodome field can't be that hard to do. Obviously I want domes too. And multi color seats.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:43 AM   #5
Rookie

pay26's Arena

OVR: 0

* They need to fix the grass texture
* have more dugout options, colors, logos, styles
* more brightness in the scoreboard, they look opaque.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2022, 11:58 AM   #6
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

I'll add a few I'd like to see as well but your list is pretty solid.

11. Allow us to create Domes and retractable roofed stadiums. Would be fun to recreate the actual Astro Dome or build a new stadium with a retractable roof.

12. Team branding - Allow us to have a spot to add team logos. You can even make this just default to the home team's logo every time but allow us a feature to add branding logos to the stadium. (you already had ad placement on walls, but I want to be able to put the team logo in spots on the field, like on desk circle.

13. Allow for some outfield bleacher over hang. This be a bit harder for them but it would helps those recreating classic stadiums that had out field over hang the field of play.

14. As said by many others in this thread but not on the original post, Astro tuff as a selection. We need Astro turf if we're trying to recreate certain classic stadiums.

15. Make sure any rooftops we add have fans in the stands. No point to having rooftop seating if they all remain empty. Hopefully this is patched like the wooden bleachers were last year.

I agreed with your list for sure. Really think bullpen placement and domes were an oversight in not getting that added this year. Hopefully now that they've got the Switch done they can focus on features they didn't really touch this year.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:45 PM   #7
Rookie

pulseox's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon5 Re: 10 Fixes for Stadium Creator (likely The Show 23)

I have a question re: the stadium manager. Can someone with a PS4 download a created stadium from the vault and use it? I know they can't create one.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:39 PM   #8
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulseox
I have a question re: the stadium manager. Can someone with a PS4 download a created stadium from the vault and use it? I know they can't create one.
No. This feature is only for Next Gen. PS5 or XBox Series X/S only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »