Home

The Show '22 on Xbox Gamepass

This is a discussion on The Show '22 on Xbox Gamepass within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2022, 08:33 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
The Show '22 on Xbox Gamepass

My partner has Gamepass so I had intended on playing The Show on there this year. I'm finding it a little laggy though. There's some frame rate dropping, some screen flickers, and it just doesn't play very clean or smooth. Anyone else having a similar experience?

I'm playing in Xbox One.

Also, does anyone know if saved data, etc. transfers over from Gamepass if you end up buying an actual copy of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 08:39 AM   #2
MVP

Re: The Show '22 on Xbox Gamepass

Yes you're saved data will transfer but I doubt the game is leaving gamepass til end of season.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2022, 09:32 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Yes you're saved data will transfer but I doubt the game is leaving gamepass til end of season.

I'm just thinking that the lagginess is a result of playing through Gamepass and that it might perform better with an actual copy of the game.

My understanding was that you download the game through Gamepass though so it's not like I'm streaming it. The performance should be the same as the actual game no?
Old 04-05-2022, 09:37 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I'm just thinking that the lagginess is a result of playing through Gamepass and that it might perform better with an actual copy of the game.

My understanding was that you download the game through Gamepass though so it's not like I'm streaming it. The performance should be the same as the actual game no?
Yes it is downloaded same as a digital game.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:40 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829

It's like 70gigs of a download, so I can't image a retail copy (disk or digital) being any different. It definitely dips below 60fps though and it's quite noticeable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 09:50 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Pretty sure the series has never ran at a stable 60fps on base last gen systems. Check the settings and maybe you can change to a framerate mode but more than likely the game just can't run completely smooth on base last gen.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:54 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
Pretty sure the series has never ran at a stable 60fps on base last gen systems. Check the settings and maybe you can change to a framerate mode but more than likely the game just can't run completely smooth on base last gen.

The game has never ran at a solid 60fps on any system, and still doesn't.
Old 04-05-2022, 10:00 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
OP is on Xbox One so that would be a possible cause. There is not a performance option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »