Home

Player stamina (Franchise)

This is a discussion on Player stamina (Franchise) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-03-2021, 06:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Player stamina (Franchise)

How does player stamina work in franchise mode regarding positions/pinch hitting? Does playing certain positions deplete more energy than others (i.e. 1B instead of OF)? Do players still recoup energy if they rest a day but are used to pinch hit?
Yes, I am asking because I traded for Ohtani and want to know how to use him.
Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2021, 06:38 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Player stamina (Franchise)

As far as I know the Durability rating dictates the energy loss and regain. Pinch hitting a player does result in them not gaining as much energy back, but it is far from the hit that they'd get playing the entire game.

Unfortunately for you, Ohtani doesn't work quite as well because the game is too basic with its stamina system so when Ohtani plays the field it hits his energy level meaning he cannot pitch with full energy unless you give him time off before his next start. And it works the other way around also. If he pitches 7 innings for you then he won't have the energy to really play the field the next few days.

SDS hasn't figured out how to get him to be more viable unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 07-05-2021, 07:02 PM   #3
Rookie

I upped Ohtani's durability and stamina to 99..but running into the same problems. I'll try the same 7 day cycle that the angels do (Pitch, Bench, Bat, Bat, Bat, Bench, Pitch) and he's never close to being 50%. I was wondering if maybe playing him at 1B instead of OF...or using him as a regular pinch hitter vs starting fielder would make a difference...
Old 07-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #4
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
As far as I know the Durability rating dictates the energy loss and regain. Pinch hitting a player does result in them not gaining as much energy back, but it is far from the hit that they'd get playing the entire game.

Unfortunately for you, Ohtani doesn't work quite as well because the game is too basic with its stamina system so when Ohtani plays the field it hits his energy level meaning he cannot pitch with full energy unless you give him time off before his next start. And it works the other way around also. If he pitches 7 innings for you then he won't have the energy to really play the field the next few days.

That's how it should be. IRL he is a 5 inning pitcher. Babe Ruth was one of the best pitchers in MLB when he was converted to strictly outfield after 1919 when he tried to be both a full time outfielder and pitcher and his pitching suffered.

Sooner or later Ohtani will have to choose between pitching and the outfield.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:57 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
That's how it should be. IRL he is a 5 inning pitcher. Babe Ruth was one of the best pitchers in MLB when he was converted to strictly outfield after 1919 when he tried to be both a full time outfielder and pitcher and his pitching suffered.

Sooner or later Ohtani will have to choose between pitching and the outfield.
That's not how it should be. You should be able to replicate how they use him in real life. You can't with the current system.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2021, 03:19 PM   #6
Pro

knich1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doink000
I upped Ohtani's durability and stamina to 99..but running into the same problems. I'll try the same 7 day cycle that the angels do (Pitch, Bench, Bat, Bat, Bat, Bench, Pitch) and he's never close to being 50%. I was wondering if maybe playing him at 1B instead of OF...or using him as a regular pinch hitter vs starting fielder would make a difference...
He is horrible in my franchise. CPU controls Angels but I placed him as 5th starter and at DH. DH does not lose stamina. Yet...his ERA is over 7 and he is I think a .220 hitter...awful!
Old 07-06-2021, 08:00 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich1
He is horrible in my franchise. CPU controls Angels but I placed him as 5th starter and at DH. DH does not lose stamina. Yet...his ERA is over 7 and he is I think a .220 hitter...awful!

Same! I have him at DH -and as a pitcher and batter he’s just average at best.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:12 PM   #8
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Wow I don’t pay attention to the durability rating. I often wonder about stamina but I never ask about it. It bugs me how players will get tired and need a day off way before there is any off day. It just seems they get tired way too fast. I often have to bench 2,3 even 4 players out of my line up in between off days. Seem unrealistic and I do understand that irl players do get days off but not nearly as often.

Also, I notice that starting pitchers get into the yellow of their stamina when they are still in the 70’s for pitch count. I don’t get that either. Even if they’re pitching well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »