Home

This years game drives me insane

This is a discussion on This years game drives me insane within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2021, 03:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
This years game drives me insane

Good morning friends. First of all I dont come hear and wrote this down to p*ss anyone off who likes the game the way it is. At this point the gameplay is getting so amazingly frustrating to me I had to get the community's opinion in.

So I play the game since '15 and I always used pure analog pitching and hitting. For me it's the most simulation-like feel to the game. So if you use any other hitting input method most of it font affect you.

But let's start somewhere.
I'm playing mostly franchise.

I'm hitting on veteran since '15. I played 15, 16 and 17 on the ps4 after it. And I stuck with 17 until this year. For me the 3 games were absolutely balanced. When I got the PCI on a spot in the zone it made sense to me where the ball landed. I enjoyed every game no matter winning or losing. It was a cool authentic experience. The pitching was smart, exit velocity and angle. Everything was realistic.
In this years game everything is different. I play 14 to 23 inning games and I'm not able to score ONE run. I'm averaging around 0.7 to 0.8 hits an inning. That is not because im not hitting the ball it is because every single pitch I hit seems scripted to me. I dont know where to place the pci anymore. 40% of the time it's a weak ground ball and 40% of the time it's a huge flyball. Both for an easy out. If I get a line drive.. it's barely foul.
But that's not it. I manage to hit an average of 9 line drives a game to the fair ground. 90% line out. The outfielder doesn't even have to move. I'm at the point I'm just laughing when I'm lining out 3 times in a row in one inning. It's by far not the end. I use guess pitch and it worked fine. This year I'm 100% convinced its scripted. I'm following the sequence of the pitcher that would make sense and everytime I do that it's the exact opposite. We all know these at bats the pitcher throws 5 4seamers after another. When I guess it , it's a slider. When it's a fastball count and I guess slider it's a fastball. If I guess Fastball it's a slider..all the time. And that gets me to the next .. pitch and location. Man these guys throwing stinkers above the zone and changeups up the zone so many times its ridiculous..I've never seen that in 15,16 and 17 and for sure not in an real life game. A change up up and away , sinker middle of the plate but high. The sequences they use absolutely makes no sense.
Also in all the games and hours I never ever got this bat sound the CPU have on a long home run. Neeever. For me its Impossible to get the bat on the ball "correctly", I hit a ball that flys out with 4 seconds hand time. I look on the swing info .. i hit it perfectly in the middle, little late. The ball was even a little bit lower on the graphic aaand it was a sinker. I dont know what to do anymore .. If i had a 4 run deficit going to the 9th in previous titles i was like ok that's doable. Now if I have a 2 run deficit in the first I'm like ok call it a day.
If that wasn't enough.
I had a game yesterday, it was the second game in a row that went to the 14th inning 0:0.
I had like 16 hits .. no runs of course. 3 times I had a man on 3rd base with no outs. Coukdn get him around to score. The game before I hat the bases loaded 2 times. No score..
Its the bottom of the 14th .. opponent having men on 2nd and 3rd, 2 outs. The batter goes for a drag bunt. He offers , the ball hits him in the shoulder and drops foul. Boom animation for a walk off hit.
First , he offered no hit by pitch. Second it went foul, no hit at all. Even so .. I wasn't allowed to make any play. The animation hit directly after that.. 2 hours wasted on a 1:0 loss that wasn't a loss. Few days earlier I had a pitcher hitting, fouling a ball off to the stand behind him. Ground Rule double.
I could continue for hours. But I thinks its enough..

I pitch on All Star, hit on veteran. Pitching works like it should.

I just wanted this to be on the internet. Its better than breaking the disc.
A very nice day to all of you guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2021, 03:53 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: This years game drives me insane

Get better
Old 05-27-2021, 04:24 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAvgGuy
Get better
You didn't read it at all right ?
Old 05-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Hard to try to offer assistance to someone who's "100% convinced the game is scripted"

At this point, I'd say put '21 on the shelf and go back to '20, '19 or a game you felt was balanced and played an enjoyable game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-27-2021, 10:01 AM   #5
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Well, there's a few things here...

-The bat sound in '21 has been discussed in the "Impressions" thread a bunch of times. It's definitely an issue, and we can all agree that 20 was pretty great "sound-wise". I'd assume that they'll patch it, but who knows.

-As for actual game play, I feel like it's weird to call something "scripted", and that you think the pitching works like it should, when you're also going 14 innings without allowing a run...Regardless, just go in and play with the sliders. Turn up "Solid contact". Too many foul balls? Turn down "foul ball frequency". Sliders are your friend. That's why they're there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #6
Rookie

Ok, I haven't read the impressions thread. I also feel like the more crack you got in the hit the more leangth it has. Like it sounds in real live .. all of my Homer's end up two feet behind the fence.

It was only those 2 games against Miami I pitched 14 scoreless. The other day I allowed 7 in 3 innings against Atlanta 😃 It was just Miami not hitting anything at all.
I'm having the most problems getting a good launch angle .. and I didn't have that in prior releases.
I set up a custom camera angle and I was getting much better for like 3 games. After that.. same thing.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #7
MVP

Padogi is that u

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-27-2021, 12:23 PM   #8
Rookie

No I'm not 😀 sorry

The thing with the sliders kinda gives me right on the scripted part.
If I can adjust foul balls with a slider, the outcome of a hit ball has to be scripted. Otherwise it wouldn't be adjustable.. physics are not adjustable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »