Home

Beginner's questions

This is a discussion on Beginner's questions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Beginner's questions

Hello!

First off, I want to say that I tried to search the forum for this info but apparently I'm not allowed to search here.

I have some basic noob questions about the game, I've been playing Madden, FIFA and 2K NBA for ages but recently I decided to start playing The Show.

I've been struggling to be a consistent hitter and I imagine what I'm going to ask is mostly personal preference, but is there a hitting animation that is suitable/recommended for beginners?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2021, 12:24 PM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Beginner's questions

Welcome to The Show!

When you say hitting animation, do you mean the actual batting stance?

Otherwise I would start by putting the difficulty on Rookie and use Directional hitting. Also try Analog to see if you prefer swinging with buttons or the stick.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:47 PM   #3
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

The simplest way to hit is directional. It's based off of your timing and the players rating dictates everything else. There is also no need to influence the swing in any particular direction as the game will do that for you, but you can influence it yourself by holding the left analog stick in any direction you want.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Welcome to The Show!

When you say hitting animation, do you mean the actual batting stance?

Otherwise I would start by putting the difficulty on Rookie and use Directional hitting. Also try Analog to see if you prefer swinging with buttons or the stick.
I've been using Zone Hitting with Dynamic difficulty, my player has the Anomaly build, so I've been using the power swing almost exclusively. I've been hitting the ball, but getting flyout a lot. Is it because I'm making contact under the ball?

Another question, sometimes I get the timing and the location right but my player does not complete the swing and the ball gets fouled. Why?

And what about batting stance? Is there any noob-friendly stances?

Old 05-23-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
The simplest way to hit is directional. It's based off of your timing and the players rating dictates everything else. There is also no need to influence the swing in any particular direction as the game will do that for you, but you can influence it yourself by holding the left analog stick in any direction you want.
Thanks, I'll try that. What is a good batting average? .250?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2021, 01:12 PM   #6
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard151
Thanks, I'll try that. What is a good batting average? .250?

I think there's only a handful of batters in the hall of fame with less than a .260, but yeah nothing wrong with a .250, that's 1 out of 4.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:17 PM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard151
I've been using Zone Hitting with Dynamic difficulty, my player has the Anomaly build, so I've been using the power swing almost exclusively. I've been hitting the ball, but getting flyout a lot. Is it because I'm making contact under the ball?

Another question, sometimes I get the timing and the location right but my player does not complete the swing and the ball gets fouled. Why?

And what about batting stance? Is there any noob-friendly stances?

I wouldn't use the power swing. Maybe if you have a good hitter's count, but even then, you are better off just using the regular swing or even the contact swing as that seems to be overpowered this year. The power swing greatly reduces your contact so you pretty much have to be perfect on your timing and location and the tradeoff isn't really worth it as you can and will hit plenty of homeruns with the other swings.

As for the second question, are you accidently checking your swing? (Double tapping or not pressing all the way)

There isn't a specific noob friendly stance, but some folks definitely hit better with different stances but it really boils down to personal preference so you'll just have to do some trial and error.

Last edited by jeffy777; 05-23-2021 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 03:31 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

regarding batting stances, if you're specifically talking RTTS, there probably is that one stance that you'll find is best for you but that will take a lot of playing to find which one is ''right'' for you

other than that, non-RTTS stuff I'd recommend:
Dynamic Difficulty | Directional Hitting | find which camera angle is best for you
(similar to the whole batting stance issue again)
happy baseball & good luck

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »