Home

SGO - MLB The Show 21 Review

This is a discussion on SGO - MLB The Show 21 Review within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-20-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
SGO - MLB The Show 21 Review

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/n...how-21-review/

Solid and accurate review.

Should have built the game from the ground up for next gen. Mistake imo. Your thoughts?

Last edited by bransen; 04-20-2021 at 01:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2021, 04:43 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: SGO - MLB The Show 21 Review

Has some good points but a few things.

It bothers me so much when reviewers don't know what their due diligence should have told them. If you are going to write a review you should know that SOTS is missing. If you don't even mention that in your "whats missing" section, I gotta be honest it detracts from me believing you have played or researched enough to support the validity of your review.

That being said, most points are fair and accurate. I would challenge the statement that stadium creator is more than anyone could hope. Its good but a lot of people are struggling with some of its shortcomings.

Lastly, I really disagree with the "ground up" philosophy. I would way rather have this version then the stripped down, basically no modes versions of first next gen iterations that used to happen. A game can look and play nice but with no modes the replay value is terrible. I don't want to go back to that.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 04-20-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:53 PM   #3
Pro

I’m not trying to get banned but man how are we continuing to allow this game to have no innovation. We criticize madden so much, but this game barely tries anything new at all.
Old 04-20-2021, 05:05 PM   #4
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
I’m not trying to get banned but man how are we continuing to allow this game to have no innovation. We criticize madden so much, but this game barely tries anything new at all.

The big difference is madden is awful. The show is very tight gameplay wise. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. And the new pitching mechanic is very innovative and gives new life to the game. I’m not blindly defending it. I skipped it the past few years, but it’s def a very good game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-20-2021, 05:06 PM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
SDS have definitely chosen the "if its not broke......." Style of developing. There is validity to your statement. I would argue that pin point pitching is innovation at its finest though. If you don't use it I understand feeling there isn't innovation but out of any show game in recent memory, that with stadium creator, 21 has the most innovation its seen in a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2021, 05:19 PM   #6
MVP

Building from the ground up is not always as good as it seems, trust me there would be so much complaining if they did that and had to strip the game down which would almost be inevitable

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-20-2021, 05:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Innovation is the stadium creator. I'm def no sds apologist, I agree they've skated by barely getting grief but no innovation is not correct.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-20-2021, 06:02 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorphinrush3000
Innovation is the stadium creator. I'm def no sds apologist, I agree they've skated by barely getting grief but no innovation is not correct.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Operation Sports mobile app
I get that. And it’s probably neat. But man It’s 2021 and I can’t adjust in the batter box. At least give me a option where I can place my batter. Let me walk in the dug out when I’m not at bat. It’s so much immersion things I wish this game could implement. But I know it will fall on death ears so I don’t bother. I hate Madden but my gawwwd at least they attempt new things lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »