Home

Detroit or Baltimore

This is a discussion on Detroit or Baltimore within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2020, 03:03 AM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
Detroit or Baltimore

I want to start a rebuild but not sure which team I prefer. I'm an A's fan so dont know much about either. Tigers look to have the better prospects and getting Miggy to 500 HR's could be a fun little mini game until Detroits any good but love Baltimores u informs and stadium and playing in Femway and against NY constantly keep things interesting. Suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2020, 06:15 AM   #2
Pro

mathey270's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Detroit or Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
I want to start a rebuild but not sure which team I prefer. I'm an A's fan so dont know much about either. Tigers look to have the better prospects and getting Miggy to 500 HR's could be a fun little mini game until Detroits any good but love Baltimores u informs and stadium and playing in Femway and against NY constantly keep things interesting. Suggestions?
I'm a orioles fan and started a chise with them using Cy's roster and sliders. U wanna talk about a challenge. I am 2 and 8 on the year and out of my 8 losses only 2 were even close games.
Baltimore has some prospects waiting in the wings but they are several years away from debuting. They don't have much as far as mlb players that if traded would command much for prospects. Maybe givens, Iglesias,Mancini if they are having nice years. I injured Mancini do to his real life situation so my offense struggles more and I won't be trading him this year.

If u want a challenge for both roster management and gameplay I'd suggest the orioles. But it's frustrating just like being a fan in real life lol

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathey270
I'm a orioles fan and started a chise with them using Cy's roster and sliders. U wanna talk about a challenge. I am 2 and 8 on the year and out of my 8 losses only 2 were even close games.
Baltimore has some prospects waiting in the wings but they are several years away from debuting. They don't have much as far as mlb players that if traded would command much for prospects. Maybe givens, Iglesias,Mancini if they are having nice years. I injured Mancini do to his real life situation so my offense struggles more and I won't be trading him this year.

If u want a challenge for both roster management and gameplay I'd suggest the orioles. But it's frustrating just like being a fan in real life lol

Agreed. If you want to drive yourself insane, and are using realistic trades, Baltimore is a perfect pick.

Detroit has about 800 high upside arms coming up, but little to nothing when it comes to hitters.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:10 AM   #4
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2

I attempted an Orioles rebuild in ‘19 and still have nightmares about it. I think the 2019 Orioles is the worst roster of all time in an MLB the Show game.

That being said, the Orioles and Tigers similar in many ways. Both are a few years away from competing and both are hamstrung by albatross contracts given to over-the-hill first basemen. Take a look at the farm systems and go with whichever one has more attractive prospects in your eyes.

Like a previous poster said, Detroit has some nice arms. Mize, Skubal, Matt Manning are the makings of a solid future rotation. Not much in the way of impact bats.

Orioles have a beast in Rutschman who is probably good enough to make the majors in 2020. They have some decent arms (DL Hall, Grayson Rodriguez) but are probably a couple years away.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Circle the Wagons's Arena

Like others have said, Detroit has a much better farm system. Baltimore unfortunately is in a really bad spot. If you are looking for a challenge, it’s them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Honestly, the most off putting thing about Detroit is the stadium, it's just a drag to play in as so many homers will be robbed from you and the game doesn't really play right for an outfield that size to be the benefit it should be. You will get an incredibly large amount of outfielders making catches on the run and an insane amount of triples and the whole thing feels a bit off.

If I could move them to another stadium without losing all the unis and logos then I'd almost certainly give them a rebuild, but the stadium issue is huge for me. (I know I can just manually change the stadium before every game, but it's just yet more hassle in a mode full of hassle)
Old 05-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

So it sounds like Baltimore is the choice here. Any advice for me. Like I said I am an Athlerics fan so all I really know is Oakland and and my division rivals. What should I look to do with Baltimore? Any realistic moves I could make with Chris Davis and that contract? I'll sit Mancini for the season like real life. The catcher Rutschman is he ready to move up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathey270

Old 05-18-2020, 12:43 PM   #8
Pro

mathey270's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
So it sounds like Baltimore is the choice here. Any advice for me. Like I said I am an Athlerics fan so all I really know is Oakland and and my division rivals. What should I look to do with Baltimore? Any realistic moves I could make with Chris Davis and that contract? I'll sit Mancini for the season like real life. The catcher Rutschman is he ready to move up?

Hate to say it but your stuck with Davis lol no team in the right mind would give anything for him and that contract. So just gotta hope somehow you can produce something with him offensively.

Rutschman is a great piece but he will spend atleast this year and maybe 2 in the minors to save service time. I would go with Severino and Sisco at catcher.

As far as strategy to rebuild this team I would follow a strategy similar to what they real GM Mike Elias is doing. Cheap one year vets from free agency to keep roster salary low, trade away any assets you can such as Givens for a quality return,DRAFT WELL, and lats but not least keep service time low for you top rated prospects until they are ready to make a impact. This goes for guys like Rutschman/ Diaz/ Rodriguez/ Hall/Mountcastle just to name a few.

Draft Strategy I would go with best player available. The orioles have some nice pitching prospects but you can never have to many. If the best player available is a IF or Of then pull the trigger. I would be hesitant to go with Catcher because of Rutschman.

Once that Davis contract is up then I would see if my top prospects are ready to make a impact and sign FA pieces with that freed up salary to supplement the nucleus of prospects that have made the jump to the MLB.

Sounds easy on paper and Elias has done a great job with what he was dealt, But you are in for the long haul with this team and it will be YEARS before they are ready to compete in the AL East

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »