Home

CPU Plate Discipline with 2 Strikes

This is a discussion on CPU Plate Discipline with 2 Strikes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-30-2020, 11:24 PM   #1
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
CPU Plate Discipline with 2 Strikes

Just like last year the CPU’s plate discipline seems to get a boost with 2 strikes and they rarely swing at anything outside of the zone.

This makes pitching unrealistic and frustrating. It’s my only major complaint with an otherwise great game, and I am hoping to find a fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2020, 01:11 AM   #2
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Plate Discipline with 2 Strikes

I agree with you therefore I lower the CPU foul frequency. If it’s still crazy lower contact as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2020, 02:52 AM   #3
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I do notice this. I often thought about dropping difficulty. With elites on mound you can still get them to chase at reasonable rate.. but the average vs average every batter has Michael Brantley discipline

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 03-31-2020, 03:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Jetfire's Arena

The most frustrating part about this is it's backward! If anything CPU should be disciplined with no strikes, or ahead in the count. That's when a player is looking for their pitch. Then with two strikes they should be in defense mode (Some the game has changed to say **** it and swing for the fences all the time) and chasing more than prior. Its like they don't watch baseball.

Current Series
Portland Snowhakws: A Dynasty Born l
Old 03-31-2020, 04:13 AM   #5
Rookie

Drop_ya_mitts's Arena

Not had this issue myself. What difficulty are you playing on?
Start by dropping the CPU contact slider 1 click at a time until you find the right balance. If you have to drop it to an unrealistic rate where it starts to hurt the game, drop me a DM with your slider settings are I'll work something out for you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2020, 08:30 AM   #6
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Well, think about this. Do we want the CPU to swing at pitches that we wouldn't swing at? I know when I'm batting, I'm laying off those out of the zone pitches they're trying to get me to go fishing for.....I expect the opponent to do that same.

I'm on HOF pitching and I can strikeout the CPU at a "normal" rate, if I have a pitcher that has a decent K/9, and I am mixing up my pitching style.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:58 AM   #7
MVP

dubplate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_ya_mitts
Not had this issue myself. What difficulty are you playing on?
Start by dropping the CPU contact slider 1 click at a time until you find the right balance. If you have to drop it to an unrealistic rate where it starts to hurt the game, drop me a DM with your slider settings are I'll work something out for you
I am playing on HOF with Armor’s slider set. Not sure I like the idea of lowering CPU contact as I want to be punished when making bad pitches.

I think I will try lowering the foul frequency slider to 3 as it is currently set to 4.

And don’t get me wrong, this game is playing really well and I am having fun. This is my one complaint.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:12 PM   #8
MVP

dubplate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
Well, think about this. Do we want the CPU to swing at pitches that we wouldn't swing at? I know when I'm batting, I'm laying off those out of the zone pitches they're trying to get me to go fishing for.....I expect the opponent to do that same.

I'm on HOF pitching and I can strikeout the CPU at a "normal" rate, if I have a pitcher that has a decent K/9, and I am mixing up my pitching style.
When I’m pitching with Nola or Wheeler and have set the batter up I would expect them to swing at some pitches just out of the zone or that are borderline strikes, but it is a rarity.

I am not expecting to strike out every batter, but when someone has 2 strikes they should be in protect mode and be more willing to swing at those borderline pitches, which I rarely see happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »