Home

Can't Equip RTTS inventory items

This is a discussion on Can't Equip RTTS inventory items within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2020, 07:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Can't Equip RTTS inventory items

So I have some items in my inventory from seasons past and a couple unlocks from this season. However I can only sell any of them when I press X on the items. I know I have them as they are not greyed out at all like the others. I am in AA currently and haven't any idea how to get it to work.

Thanks

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Can't Equip RTTS inventory items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
So I have some items in my inventory from seasons past and a couple unlocks from this season. However I can only sell any of them when I press X on the items. I know I have them as they are not greyed out at all like the others. I am in AA currently and haven't any idea how to get it to work.
Don't confuse the equipment in your inventory with the equipment you use in RTTS. Don't get me wrong it is the same equipment, but it is inside of your RTTS player where you need to attach the equipment to your player. To do this access the "Customize > Equipment" menu item and then cycle through each equipment category and make sure you are selecting the desire equipment item you want to attach to your player by pressing the "X" button before backing out with the "O" button.

Also, once attached to your RTTS player, you can hide the equipment if you do not want to visually see it in game but still gain the performance benefits of the equipment. To do this go to the "Customize > Appearance > Equipment" menu item. I often do this for "socks" where I want the performance benefits but I don't want to see my player wearing "socks". Also another way to know if the "socks" are attached is if you see some of your teammates are wearing the "socks" (for those that do not wear full length pants). If you see them wearing the "socks" from your equipment inventory you know your player is wearing them.

Clear as mud?
Old 03-21-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17

Just to clear up some possible confusion, when you say past seasons do you mean past MLBTS releases? Unfortunately the equipment you may have collected in MLBTS19 (or earlier versions of the game) are not carried forward to MLBTS20. You have to start collecting new MLBTS20 equipment to use it in this years game. It's the same as stubs and/or players (or any other inventory item). You could have a billion stubs in MLBTS19 and the only place you will ever be allowed to use those stubs is in MLBTS19.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Don't confuse the equipment in your inventory with the equipment you use in RTTS. Don't get me wrong it is the same equipment, but it is inside of your RTTS player where you need to attach the equipment to your player. To do this access the "Customize > Equipment" menu item and then cycle through each equipment category and make sure you are selecting the desire equipment item you want to attach to your player by pressing the "X" button before backing out with the "O" button.

Also, once attached to your RTTS player, you can hide the equipment if you do not want to visually see it in game but still gain the performance benefits of the equipment. To do this go to the "Customize > Appearance > Equipment" menu item. I often do this for "socks" where I want the performance benefits but I don't want to see my player wearing "socks". Also another way to know if the "socks" are attached is if you see some of your teammates are wearing the "socks" (for those that do not wear full length pants). If you see them wearing the "socks" from your equipment inventory you know your player is wearing them.

Clear as mud?

Far more clear than it was before. Thanks for the pro tips.

Happy Quarantining

PSN: I-JayDee-I

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »