Home

MLB 19- Anyone Not Hitting Home Runs

This is a discussion on MLB 19- Anyone Not Hitting Home Runs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
MLB 19- Anyone Not Hitting Home Runs

Im running a Franchise with the Yankees play every game, every pitch on HOF default sliders and struggling to hit home runs. Im 7-1 and crushing the CPU but only have 6 home runs in those 8 games. I used zone hitting, now switched to directional. Anyone else struggling to hit homers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #2
Banned

Re: MLB 19- Anyone Not Hitting Home Runs

IMO hitting home runs is harder this year. I also play as the Yankees on Legend default and while I'm 6-2 and only recently started hitting a few homers, my first few games I hit basically one or zero each game. All I can tell you is, especially this year, you have to be VERY patient and wait for the mistakes AND you can't miss those mistakes. The home runs may come in bunches.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I started out slow, but the homers have started to come. I’m 23 games into my franchise and all of my regulars, except for Inciarte, have at least one. Donaldson has 12. I only use the normal (X) swing; no power swing.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #4
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb6
Im running a Franchise with the Yankees play every game, every pitch on HOF default sliders and struggling to hit home runs. Im 7-1 and crushing the CPU but only have 6 home runs in those 8 games. I used zone hitting, now switched to directional. Anyone else struggling to hit homers?
You’ll get it, just a different type of reflex required for 19. In 18, seemed like as long as you got the PCI close enough with a power hitter it would be gone. In 19, you’ve really got to recognize the high fastball / hanging slider, get the PCI there before the swing, and actually barrel it. I don’t think I hit one in my first 10 games, but now they’re coming regularly. Hit a long shot to dead center yesterday with Chance Sisco (~40 power) and even have a few circle-swing homers with Chris Davis (70 ish power). (HOF, default sliders)

Last edited by MightyMaxxx13; 04-17-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:57 PM   #5
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm really struggling to hit for pop or gap power on Hof with Mike lowes sliders and pitch speed at 6.. timing on 3 while I adjust. . Only ppl I've been able to hit Homer's with was yelich and mitch haniger.. havent started a chise yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #6
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

I like this year's game with having to work harder for homeruns, it's less nooby...good job SDS

Sent from my SM-G955W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #7
Rookie

GregNilles's Arena

I'd reccomend slowing the pitch speed down and getting your feel right before playing at your comfortable pitch speed. You can really see what the above poster Mightymaxxx said

Sent from my SM-G935T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-17-2019, 07:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

In a relatively small sample size it feels like lots of balls that would have been HR's in previous games are just line drives this year. And the balls that do clear the fence generally don't do it by alot. I'm seeing lots of balls hit on a line that just barely clear the wall. Maybe this is something intentionally done by SDS but it feels like the ball physics are just off this year. I can still make solid contact and easily eclipse 100 mph exit velocities on mistake pitches but balls just don't carry this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »