Home

30 Team Control - Auto vs. Manual

This is a discussion on 30 Team Control - Auto vs. Manual within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2019, 10:22 PM   #1
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
30 Team Control - Auto vs. Manual

I知 setting up a 30 man franchise where I知 the Rays. I set up a CPU profile and left everything as manual until the regular season. Now, when I go through the tabs, it either has everything to manual for all teams or everything to auto for all teams. In the profile settings page, the Rays are set to my User profile and all other teams to CPU profile, but in the Rosters or Trade module, it has the Rays as manual so all teams are manual or everyone as auto.

Help?????

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2019, 07:02 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: 30 Team Control - Auto vs. Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I知 setting up a 30 man franchise where I知 the Rays. I set up a CPU profile and left everything as manual until the regular season. Now, when I go through the tabs, it either has everything to manual for all teams or everything to auto for all teams. In the profile settings page, the Rays are set to my User profile and all other teams to CPU profile, but in the Rosters or Trade module, it has the Rays as manual so all teams are manual or everyone as auto.

Help?????
Set things in the profile. Ignore the tabs. I don't think they do anything. The profile is what rules. Set that, then don't mess with anything else.

See the other thread where people are reporting issues where now it seems like you can't make two franchises one setting the Rays to your profile and maybe the other to O's on your profile, then finding that the profile settings are being more globally applied (so the Rays in your O's franchise may actually end up using your profile, or the O's use the CPU).
Old 04-13-2019, 07:58 AM   #3
Rookie

GregNilles's Arena

OVR: 0

What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want the CPU to trade or do you want to do the trading for each team?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregNilles
What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want the CPU to trade or do you want to do the trading for each team?

I want to set the 40 man roster for CPU and then let them control everything

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:55 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Help?????
It's broken. I have submitted a bug report about the issue; no contact from SDS.

What I think is happening is that all profiles get set to default regardless of what is listed when you select "settings file associations."

Before anyone replies with what you have done before, etc., just start a test franchise you can delete. Do what the OP (and I) have done: create two profiles, select all 30 teams in the franchise-select step, and then give profile 1 to at least one team and profile 2 to all the other teams. Once you get to the normal franchise screen, flip through all the teams (using L2/R2) and you'll see all the teams are set to one profile. Go to settings file associations and you'll see everything is set correctly, it's just not registering. So, as the OP says, you'll be stuck with your user profile or CPU profile for ALL teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2019, 11:42 AM   #6
Rookie

?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-19-2019, 07:00 PM   #7
Rookie

GregNilles's Arena

Quote:
I want to set the 40 man roster for CPU and then let them control everything
I would then do this in the main menu before you even go to start a franchise. Pull up your roster, set your 40 man, all 40 guys will appear at Spring Training.

The key is to also create 2 Show profiles. 1 for your control, manual basically on everything. And beginner customized to all auto settings.

Do the 40, save the roster, start your franchise, select all 30. Pick your team and set that team to experienced or whatever your manual settings are, all other 29 to the auto settings group.

There ya go

Old 04-19-2019, 08:58 PM   #8
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregNilles
I would then do this in the main menu before you even go to start a franchise. Pull up your roster, set your 40 man, all 40 guys will appear at Spring Training.

The key is to also create 2 Show profiles. 1 for your control, manual basically on everything. And beginner customized to all auto settings.

Do the 40, save the roster, start your franchise, select all 30. Pick your team and set that team to experienced or whatever your manual settings are, all other 29 to the auto settings group.

There ya go

I wouldn't.

If you did that then the cpu will just choose the highest rated players per position and really mess up the mlb rosters. The correct way to do things is to manually add the 40 man after you have finished spring training. That is assuming of course you want accurate 40 mans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »