Home

Playing as a minor league team for a season

This is a discussion on Playing as a minor league team for a season within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Playing as a minor league team for a season

Has anyone ever controlled a minor league team throughout a season? Can you share what it is like, and what differences there are to the mlb teams, if any? Season lengths? Are there playoffs? Awards? How does stat tracking work? Thanks so much any input appreciated
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing as a minor league team for a season

The season is over by first week or two of September. The season is spilt in two.The playoffs are first half winners against second half winners. O
Old 04-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #3
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
The season is over by first week or two of September. The season is spilt in two.The playoffs are first half winners against second half winners. O

That's only for the AA Southern & Texas Leagues (and a bye if the same team wins both halves). AA Eastern League has the division winners and wild cards play each other in postseason. AAA International League has the three division winners and a wild card. AAA Pacific Coast League has the division winners play each other. The IL & PCL champions play each other in a AAA championship game.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:21 PM   #4
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

OVR: 0

If we had all of the minor league stadiums I would play a minors franchise with OSFM rosters.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:14 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
That's only for the AA Southern & Texas Leagues (and a bye if the same team wins both halves). AA Eastern League has the division winners and wild cards play each other in postseason. AAA International League has the three division winners and a wild card. AAA Pacific Coast League has the division winners play each other. The IL & PCL champions play each other in a AAA championship game.

You lost me there. What in the world?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
You lost me there. What in the world?

Minor league baseball (players included) is one of the most bizarre, yet loveable, things in sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-05-2019, 12:06 AM   #7
Rookie

Tarheelz50's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
The Eastern League now does split-season like the other AA leagues. I’m not sure if that had been updated in the game because it was just announced in January.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
This is a good answer to part of the question.

Regarding stats/awards: All the same stats are tracked, but they don’t show up on the player’s profile. You have to go to the player stats section, switch it to the AA/AAA level, and view them there.

All stats are cleared once the postseason begins and are not archived, so if you want to see them, you have to check before you start the playoffs.

There are no awards, but there are all-star games and the futures game. Often it seems like the selections for those games aren’t based on stats, though. Especially for the futures game, it seems like ratings/potential are factors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »