Home

Hit timing on Hall of Fame

This is a discussion on Hit timing on Hall of Fame within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hit timing on Hall of Fame

Is it just me, or does it feel like each year's addition of the Show alters the swing timing window a bit? I remember this being an issue in the Show 18 and 17 as well when they were released. Then, like now, I was late on everything and couldn't pull a pitch unless I was sitting offspeed. With 18, this was eventually patched out and was perfectly balanced by the end of the season. Has anyone else experienced similar issues every year? Do you have any suggestions or fixes (i.e. Timing slider adjustments)? Does anyone know why SSDS does this every year? If it were an intentional change because they wanted users to start their swings earlier, I'd be happy to work on adjusting my timing. But because the timing always seems to revert back after a month or two, I never feel comfortable trying to completely alter my approach. As a person who carries over their franchise year to year, it's frustrating seeing my team batting dip from .260 to below .200 from 18 to 19 just because the game is so mechanically different.

Note: I play on Hall of Fame hitting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Re: Hit timing on Hall of Fame

I have no idea if the timing window has changed one way or the other but the default pitch speeds are faster this year on the upper levels and slower on the lower levels...something like that.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:07 PM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I have noticed a change in the timing window every single year. What changes varies from level to level.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:47 PM   #4
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by japowery
Is it just me, or does it feel like each year's addition of the Show alters the swing timing window a bit? I remember this being an issue in the Show 18 and 17 as well when they were released. Then, like now, I was late on everything and couldn't pull a pitch unless I was sitting offspeed. With 18, this was eventually patched out and was perfectly balanced by the end of the season. Has anyone else experienced similar issues every year? Do you have any suggestions or fixes (i.e. Timing slider adjustments)? Does anyone know why SSDS does this every year? If it were an intentional change because they wanted users to start their swings earlier, I'd be happy to work on adjusting my timing. But because the timing always seems to revert back after a month or two, I never feel comfortable trying to completely alter my approach. As a person who carries over their franchise year to year, it's frustrating seeing my team batting dip from .260 to below .200 from 18 to 19 just because the game is so mechanically different.

Note: I play on Hall of Fame hitting.
No disrespect, but just spending 15min in BP each time you log will do the trick if you wanna maintain the BAvg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-02-2019, 07:07 AM   #5
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

I noticed this as well too I was late on most pitches and just felt I was I way off with the timing but my solution is sorta weird...I changed pitch speed to 10 and it solved everything. Now hitting and timing seems locked in, also this is on legend with analog stride.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »