Home

MLB 19 Franchise Addition Requests

This is a discussion on MLB 19 Franchise Addition Requests within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
MLB 19 Franchise Addition Requests

It's pretty obvious that a lot of us are frustrated at the lack of attention to offline franchise the last few years. I figured a thread with some simple additions that would greatly help the experience would help (who knows the developers might read and implement a few):

1. Allow the user in 30 team control, or for a single team franchise control the Rebuilder/Playoff Push/Normal setting for the team.

I mean, really, it would be nice to have GM goals re-designed like NHL or at least some realism added to where the owner has set goals beyond just a record.

2. Simple fix - well, in theory. In the offseason, have all team-controlled players auto-sign and/or at least make them tradeable so that you don't have to wait until February in most instances to trade team-controlled/arb players in the offseason.

3. Allow cash exchange in trades.

4. Fix the damn budgets so they make some sense.

That's all for now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 19 Franchise Addition Requests

Not trying to set a negative tone but this is a bit late in the Development Cycle for the title to say 19 instead of 20.

However, there are a number of glaring changes that I would make or improve in Franchise Mode as soon as possible in no particular order:

Relocation and/or Expansion
Rob Manfred has seemed to be hinting at expansion and there are a number of cities that could get a team in the not-too-distant future. Portland, Las Vegas, Mexico City and Montreal are cities that have been thrown around in talks and could have an MLB team sometime in the 2020s. We should have an option to expand the league and reconfigure the divisions to reflect the possible changes Manfred makes in real life. The stadiums and uniforms could be basic or preset like the way Madden has handled expansion but the Diamond Dynasty uniform editor would be even better.

Rotating Schedules
This is near or at the top of everyone's franchise wish lists. Adding a couple different versions or better templates of schedules for franchise would help add depth to anyone who plays beyond the opening season.

Simple Budgets
Make it easy for us to understand or allow us to turn it off with no further issues. None of that weekly budget system because why would we budget for weeks instead of years?

Expanded Trade Options
If I want to trade Mike Trout, I want a haul that's more than 3 prospects. A blockbuster deal like the one's we've seen in nearly every offseason could not be possible with the current format. The addition of players being sold would be logical as well with the simplified budget.

Better Morale Options
Give us the option to disable any part of the morale system. Go ahead and improve it if you'd like but if it remains as is, there should be an option for us to turn it off entirely.

Improved Active and 40-man Roster Logic
I would love to see improvements as to which players are selected for the 40-man roster and active roster at any parts of the season. Firstly, minor league options would need to be accurate to better emulate the decisions MLB GMs need to make on a yearly basis. As for the 25-man/active roster, there should be improved reasoning for keeping a third catcher or aging veteran on a roster like taking in factors of contract status and durability. Not many teams call-up their entire 40-man roster when the rules adjust in September - this should be the same in The Show. Some players come up and spend time on the roster but not many clubs decide to fill their clubhouse with 15 more active players anymore.

Ability for Players to Learn and Forget Positions
Without editing, I'd like to have the ability as the GM/owner to change the position of players. The player would have a slight fielding skills reduction and would gain his former primary position as a secondary option. An example of this at work would be if I wanted to move Dee Gordon to center field. Dee would still have the ability to play second base but his primary becomes center and his secondary positions are second base and shortstop. Building on top of this, the forgetting of positions would be logical as well. Even though Miguel Cabrera played left field coming up and third base consistently as recently as 2013 but there's no way anyone is confidently playing Miggy at third in 2019.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 01-02-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Nice list fellas! Here's mine.

- Add more stat overlays and commentary to the current season in franchise mode. More focus on milestones and records.
- Give us the ability to view the stats/standings/lineup/hot an cold pages before a game in franchise mode for as long as we want. Let us press X to jump into the game once we are done. The way it is now we just don't have enough time to flip through these pages.
- Implement rotating interleague schedules
- Revamp current budget system. Real contracts for MLB players with - Contract Clauses/No trade clauses
- Add minor league stats for each player who has played in the minors
- Add top 10 prospect lists for each team instead of an overall list
- Set prices for tickets, concessions, etc.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 01-03-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Oh, one other request - which I thought would be the implementation of phases last year (which really ended up being basically nothing):

Allow a Franchise start are various points in the season with automatic simulation up to that point (like Madden).

I would like to be able to start my Franchise at the draft or AS break leading into the trade deadline.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:25 AM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

Other then in the off season being able to pick up waiver players. The only thing I'd like to see and that needs work is just take what they already have and make it better. Don't add any more crap, useless things to the game like retro mode in franchise or things like that. Fix a already great game. I shouldn't see the same relieving pitchers the whole series. The "rare" 3 inning save, it isn't "RARE" in MLBTS. If anything, its to common. Clean up things like this and make cpu teams smarter and more strategic. That's all this game needs to be the on top best. 18 is the best its ever been. Keep what you have and fine tune it.

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #6
All Star

I'd like to see the "create-a-team" feature move from diamond dynasty to franchise.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:39 PM   #7
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

a better injury system ( see NBA2k19 or OOTP as a reference)

- recurring injuries ( recovery can be longer or shorter than expected)
- injury will affect some ratings ( maybe a knee injury won’t affect hitting much but slow him down
- minor leagues rehab assignment
- injuries history where we can see weak areas
- more in game injuries. Maybe a separate slider for played vs sim games
- more realistic injuries with no restrictions on number of days. Tommy John surgery should be in the list
Old 01-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
Simple Budgets
Make it easy for us to understand or allow us to turn it off with no further issues. None of that weekly budget system because why would we budget for weeks instead of years?
for the love of humanity, please god, this.
SDS, 4 out of 3 people struggle with math. so how 'bout a little compassion?

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »