Home

CPU is simming a huge number of my RTTS games

This is a discussion on CPU is simming a huge number of my RTTS games within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
CPU is simming a huge number of my RTTS games

I'm in my seventh or eighth year of my RTTS career (third baseman). Now, after never having a problem, every time I hit "Play Next Appearance," the game is just simming like eight or nine games in a row and not letting me take my at-bats. I'm not getting benched, as far as I can tell. (I'm rated 99, and the defending MVP, and I'm not injured, so I would never be benched for multiple games in a row.) It's just ... simming a bunch of games and not letting me play them.

Also, for whatever reason, my manager has become very fond of not starting me, then inserting me in as a defensive replacement in the first or second inning of every game. It's just bizarre.

I'm not sure if it's related, but both of these problems started right after the most recent 1.13 patch. Has anyone run into issues like these in RTTS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #2
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU is simming a huge number of my RTTS games

I wish I could give you an idea of why this is happening... Stopped RTTS on this game a long time ago because of how dumb it has become, so hopefully Devs take this stuff to heart. Usually my most played mode on past games. Just sharing the frustration with you. Hopefully someone can help you out. lol
Old 08-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

This exact same thing is happening to me. I'm also a 99 rated 3B and when I hit Play Next Appearance it just begins simming and I see my stats moving. I am also being put in as a defensive replacement right at the start of games but what's even more annoying is that when this happens, I'm put in at 1B and I'm batting 7th in the lineup instead of my usual 3rd.

The only thing that has worked for me is saving and restarting the game. Any answer to what's going on?
Old 09-01-2018, 12:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcospi47
This exact same thing is happening to me. I'm also a 99 rated 3B and when I hit Play Next Appearance it just begins simming and I see my stats moving. I am also being put in as a defensive replacement right at the start of games but what's even more annoying is that when this happens, I'm put in at 1B and I'm batting 7th in the lineup instead of my usual 3rd.

The only thing that has worked for me is saving and restarting the game. Any answer to what's going on?
Sorry for the very late reply, but so very happy to hear I'm not going crazy!

It sounds like you've figured out your own horribly annoying fix. I'm basically doing the same thing, but I'm manual saving because I'm afraid of the game auto-saving after simming a ton of games: I manual save (creating a new file) after every series, and if "Play My Next Appearance" starts simming a bunch of games in a row, I just quit the program and start it up again and load the manual save. (Simply backing out and re-loading my save doesn't seem to work. I have to restart the game.) After that I'm good for at least another series, sometimes two or three.

Annoying as hell, but at least the game's still playable. I've put a lot of time into this career and I'm really enjoying RTTS for the first time in years, so I want to keep playing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »