Home

co-op play

This is a discussion on co-op play within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
co-op play

I apologize in advance if this has been covered already. I also post abou this topic pretty much every year excluding the year the game actually had the feature in it only to be removed without an explanation as to why.

Here we go, i am talking about online co-op/teamplay, I forgot which year had it but it was great. Moving on, the way you can do this now is thru shareplay but you can only play as teammates vs the computer (AI, bots, whatever floats ur boat) and my friend and I are cool with that but it would be fantastic to go up against two of our other friends 2v2

My question is this, while waiting for the game to load up one of the screens while loading shows a lay out for co-op play. The other thing I see is if you go to purchase the game off of the PS store, in the details of the game, at the bottom it ays network players 1-8. If I am missing something here would someone be so kind and point me in the right direction as to where to find this option. Thanks in advance
PS if anyone needs help with setting the shareplay thing up just reply in this thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: co-op play

Well the one thing I cannot complain about is consistency. I never get any feedback on anything regarding co-op play or why there seems to be options within the game (loading screens (says co-op play) and details when ordering from ps store (network 1-8 players)...consistent
Old 07-18-2018, 05:20 PM   #3
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brindlerednoze
Well the one thing I cannot complain about is consistency. I never get any feedback on anything regarding co-op play or why there seems to be options within the game (loading screens (says co-op play) and details when ordering from ps store (network 1-8 players)...consistent

CO-OP can be played using shareplay when you give controller to play together then u put both controllers on same team, if u have 3 or 4 controllers and have friends over you can put all controllers on one team and play co-op without having to use share-play.

As far as SHARE-PLAY goes what setup are you using? Me and a friend of mine spent a course of 20 games of testing and we got it to work okay but its not perfect because of connections, we both upgraded speeds in hopes of using share-play to play a franchise together.

What we came to find out is the host is always better at hitting with very minimal lag the other player suffers with hard to get bat off shoulders we have adjust several sliders and it does help but still the host is at a advantage 9 out of 10 times.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Hey, great thread. I’d give my left nut for online co-op! I actually made a thread about this a few weeks ago:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ine-co-op.html

I even tweeted the devs about it, but got no response.

I truly think it would be a huge selling point. Co-op is a big deal right now for online gaming in general, and for a lot of my friends it’s the first thing they look for in a game.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-18-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #5
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Hey, great thread. I’d give my left nut for online co-op!
Who needs James Westfall anyway, when you have Dr. Kenneth Noisewater on the scene??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2018, 12:31 AM   #6
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Old 07-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Yes, finally some replies. Ok, so I know about the shareplay teammates thing. I have been doing that for years. Full seasons, I think the last 3 years at least. Our connection is about as good as I think you can get it and I believe it is due to our close proximity to each other, I live in Bayside Queens (one of the 5 "boros" of New York City and my friend lives on Staten Island another of the "boros".

Jeffy, I read ur thread the other day and figured I would chime in. I post once per year about this. I forgot the year they actually had teamplay but it had lobbies where you would set it up.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:54 PM   #8
Rookie

As far as my connection, maybe once per game I will get some kind of lag issue but that its it. The shareplay thing has gotten a bunch of my friends to grab the game and they love it so I do not see the downside to putting it back in the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »