Home

Batting Stance Creator

This is a discussion on Batting Stance Creator within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #1
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Batting Stance Creator

How is your experience with this feature so far?

I have found that most stances are extremely limited when it comes to what you can do. I'm not talking about the different kinds of motions (though that is saved for another conversation), but with how much you can do it. It is more of a "batting stance tweaker," in that you can really only do so little with some of the stances.

For the most part, the only thing I can even do with some stances without it resetting to 50 is the hips or front foot. Normally, the handwork pretty much can only reset with a bunch of stances.

I do hope they continue to develop this for years to come, though! Like, I hope there are more things you'll be able to do with the stances, including things like the "extremeness" of a bat waggle and such.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Batting Stance Creator

Agree, I wish I could adjust posture. I can’t really figure out what hand waggle rotation even changes either.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Agree, I wish I could adjust posture. I can’t really figure out what hand waggle rotation even changes either.
I'm not in their menus right now, but the first one adjust what angle the bat lies (more upright or more on the shoulder). I forget what the second one adjusts... I think how much it angles toward the pitcher or the backstop, if that makes sense.

I understand that a lot of them have trouble because parts of the animations would collide with the head and such, but I'm not able to maneuver two things at once that would possibly allow me to avoid that interference if I could.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I wish they also had an option to view the whole swing animation, from stance -> stride -> swing -> follow through.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:27 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

At some point in the future I'd like to see ''bat wiggle'' added. I'd make everyone's bat perfectly still. Its a pet peeve of mine trying to bat, I'm easily distracted.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 08:02 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

there are some problems with the creator, and someone mentioned in a locked thread, it's broken. Some "created" stances aren't registering for in game use. Straightened out arms. I've had it happen on left handed batters. As for the "creator", I think it needs some work. They bragged about this "cool" feature, but it's so limited, it's pretty useless, and very frustrating.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Dubya's Arena

OVR: 0

Really don’t understand the hand waggle rotation. Both 0 and 100 increase movement. How do you decrease the movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-24-2018, 09:38 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya
Really don’t understand the hand waggle rotation. Both 0 and 100 increase movement. How do you decrease the movement?
You can't. Neither increase the movement, they just change the angle of the wrists.

That's why I'm saying I hope next year they can add waggle extremeness, or whatever you'd call it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »