Home

My spin on Presentation/Commentary

This is a discussion on My spin on Presentation/Commentary within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
My spin on Presentation/Commentary

I edit this to make it look like it should look and I think this is how they should handle this particular commentary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2017, 01:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Re: My spin on Presentation/Commentary

What exactly is different?
Old 05-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
MVP

I purposely started this video with Harold stating "In this day an age with analytics and the shift applied all over field(Metaphor for new commentary versus) this team is old school(Present Commentary)... if they went this route it
would kill some of the dead space and put perspective on some innocuous situations.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiziv
What exactly is different?
I edited the career #'s commentary over the batter pitcher split screen. I think this is the best place to talk about versus career numbers.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #5
MVP

I'm convinced if, they would just incorporate commentary that talk about the situation i.e. RISP ect... the commentary would be a lot better. They do this on a smaller level like the doubles OSD, but that is predictable and boring. Why not Doubles OSD, followed by an OBP OSD, but also talk about it in a meaningful way like that's his 3rd double giving him a OBP of .205, the next batter is up now talk about his batting avg with runners in scoring position or talk about how good or bad the pitcher is with runners in scoring position. This commentary is in context of the situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2017, 01:30 PM   #6
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I'm convinced if, they would just incorporate commentary that talk about the situation i.e. RISP ect... the commentary would be a lot better. They do this on a smaller level like the doubles OSD, but that is predictable and boring. Why not Doubles OSD, followed by an OBP OSD, but also talk about it in a meaningful way like that's his 3rd double giving him a OBP of .205, the next batter is up now talk about his batting avg with runners in scoring position or talk about how good or bad the pitcher is with runners in scoring position. This commentary is in context of the situation.
Somebody brought up how 2K does it, they just have the annoucers sit there and call a game using footage. You get the organic conversation, and it just flows so well. They really do have the commentary down. And basketball is a faster paced game than baseball, but yet they only interrupt for something really important if they get going on a long thing.

- Rick Wise
Old 07-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #7
MVP

Another OSD that doesn't get any love. The only time you see the pitchers avg versus left or right handed batters, is when the he is introduced, he gets a slot on the OSD at the bottom. Now that we have historical stats that update throughout the game and the season (Franchise) why not every now and then through an OSD up talking about his avg. versus handedness. It can be a dynamic OSD during the game and throughout the season.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
Somebody brought up how 2K does it, they just have the annoucers sit there and call a game using footage. You get the organic conversation, and it just flows so well. They really do have the commentary down. And basketball is a faster paced game than baseball, but yet they only interrupt for something really important if they get going on a long thing.
That's great because for years when I thought about the stale conversations in sports games or the ramblings of the color commentator that goes on well into the next play, I've always said "Why not put the game on in front of the two or three paid announcers and just call the game?" They can insert the canned stuff they need to as well. But for a game like Madden, for example, I don't understand how you'd think that the commentator talking into the next play keeping the play by play guy silent makes sense. If you had them watch a game and call it like it was live this wouldn't happen. Kudos for 2k for being on the ball!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »