Home

Your most surprising player(DD or franchise)

This is a discussion on Your most surprising player(DD or franchise) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Your most surprising player(DD or franchise)

Looking to see if anyone has over performing or under performing for them or their league. Maybe a player who became an important piece despite not being apart of the original plan. Interested in hearing about this from others after 2 players stepped up big for me in my Red Sox franchise.

Player 1 is Kyle Kendrick. Put in the Price injury plus Eduardo Rodriguez got hurt. Then Wright, Johnson, and Owens all sucked thru the first month of the season(Currently 2 weeks from the all star break). This lead me to calling up Kendrick. Since then, I've gotten 9 starts of 3.1 ERA with 8 quality starts from him. Has 7.6 K/9 to 1.8 BB\9. Really saved the rotation and bullpen.

Player 2 is Matt Dominguez. About a month before the break, I needed a platoon partner for Sandoval since a few other options got hurt. In 67 plate appearances since, he's hitting .300/.365/.470(roughly) with 7 home runs and 19 RBIs. He's earned a spoot on the team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 04:03 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
BOOM or BUST

Boom or Bust for my White Sox season:

Boom -Tyler Saladino. even though he isnt an everyday starter, he's making the most of his playing time at 2B, SS and 3B. I can for sure understand why he made Brett Lawrie expendable Right now he's hitting a solid .290 and he's helping keep Tim Anderson, Todd Frazier esp. and Yoan Moncada fresh. Frazier is able to get some time at DH and 1B because of Saladino. its a long grind so time will tell if he holds up or reverts to 2016 numbers.

Bust Closer Robertson lost his job in April to Nate Jones and I'm not looking back.

No Surprize Yoan Moncada. If I was going to actually play 15-20 years with th Sox, he'd be an easy HoF'er.

Bust Part 2 Its no surprise my outfield is horrible but I still got high hopes for Charlie Tilson.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 04-22-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:46 PM   #3
Rookie

TnT1tan's Arena

Re: Your most surprising player(DD or franchise)

About 30 games in with my Braves

Bust- Tyler Flowes is hitting a little over .100 with only 1 HR and 3RBI
Also Kemp and Dansby are both hitting slightly above .200 but I think their luck will turn around

Boom- Markakis is hitting .324
Brandon Phillips probably the most surprising hitting .314 and has really saved the back end of my lineup and given some production from someone not names Freddie Freeman.

Freeman is on another level hitting .347 leading the league in HRs and probably has 80% of the teams RBIs.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2017, 07:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Cdub28's Arena

first of all, great idea for a thread.

Boom - Jake Lamb 29 homeruns at the all-star break. 2nd behind Todd Frazier. Hitting in the 250s and leading the team in RBI's.

Bust - Yasmany Tomas is hitting. 199 and really regressing. -10 in power versus righties.

Side note. I got an offer at the break to trade Pollock for Pederson and Puig. Puig is out for 1-2 months, but I couldn't pass up this opportunity. Puig likely replaces Tomas down the road.

Lastly, Peralta and Drury are playing pretty well through the break also.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:09 PM   #5
S2S
Rookie

S2S's Arena

OVR: 6

In diamond dynasty, Neil Walker has been a good surprise for me. I got him from the start of the game & he has like 14 home runs & always makes contact or moves runners over for me. I'm doing so well with him that I have 4 gold 2nd basemen & I have no intention of putting them in the lineup over him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #6
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

In my Franchise (which is fantasy drafted)

Boom - Eric Thames (from the OSFM V1.5 roster). Not sure if he's been rerated or anything since then but he's been great. Hitting somewhere in the range of .313 - .335 all season, and constantly one of the top in the league in homeruns. Without him my team would be in bad shape.

Bust - Expected some more power out of Addison Russell who's hitting .242 with just 3 home runs in mid June.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Nearing 50 games in my Yankees franchise

Boom - Greg Bird is hitting .324 and has 10 HR and 24 RBI
Bust - Chase Headley is hitting .148, 2 HR and 7 RBI
As expected - Gary Sanchez .282, 10 HR, 21 RBI

Ironically, in RL it is just the opposite with these two right now

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »