Home

New Ball Physics: Infield choppers????

This is a discussion on New Ball Physics: Infield choppers???? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
New Ball Physics: Infield choppers????

I've watched most of the Gameplay and can definitely see several different hit types this year- but I don't recall seeing one type of hit: Infield choppers- One hoppers back to the pitcher- or high choppers in the infield....Has anyone seen one of these so far in this year's gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #2
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New Ball Physics: Infield choppers????

I have not either. I love the improvements to hit variety, it will make the game feel incredibly fresh, but have yet to see high infield choppers.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:38 AM   #3
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

I was able to consistently see infield choppers for a while now (even back on PS3 I had videos on bloops and choppers, both pitching and as the batter), but it's all based on sliders. With that said, it's been steadily improving for years but nothing close to as good as this. Therefore, I have no doubt this game will make those choppers and bouncing groundballs a common sight, I'm greatly looking forward to all the possibilities.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:56 AM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Yeah, based on the streams, I bet infield choppers may continue to be a type of hits that The Show underproduces. I still think there is a tad too many choppers around the home plate in the streams.

I think many of those choppers that stay around the plate in the game would instead become infield choppers in real life... it seems the contact on the ground kills too much of life of batted ball right now and/or bat contact doesn't produce enough hard hit balls when launch angle is closer to 90 degrees.

However, even in 16, this type of high chopper was possible:

Spoiler

This one is a bit extreme since a power hitter was at the plate, but we want to see more of a weaker variety of this I think.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:45 AM   #5
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

So I stumbled into these just an hour ago. This topic gave me some inspiration to look back at how the game used to function verses what we've come to expect now for 2017. I came into a perfect example of chopper (which belongs to the first one) then a blooper but I then lost track of which clip it was and ran into these extra's as well. So I packed a video together for them.

When you see these, that's why I expect MLB 17 to naturally obliterate any doubt or expectations. I expect the end results of hitting in MLB 17 The Show to be as limitless as advertised, including improved types choppers.

Along with that, these two immediately came to mind when this subject was raised because it was some of the most recent clips I dealt with. I'll just add them:

Last edited by @legendm0de; 03-22-2017 at 02:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »