Home

MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good

With the first month of the MLB The Show 17’s Twitch streams in the books, one thing is abundantly clear: Sony San Diego has gone to great lengths to dramatically improve the lone perennial baseball game on the market. Previous iterations, especially as the game got its footing on the PlayStation 4, felt more incremental than material in terms of innovation. However, the 2016 version saw huge leaps in animations, innovative ideas like Conquest Mode, and improved visuals and overall gameplay. The Show carries a well-deserved pedigree of innovation that speaks volumes about how in-depth sports video games can be and how vital it is for developers to absorb fan feedback. They are a living, breathing reminder that console/license exclusivity is not such a bad thing.

As it stands right now, MLB The Show 17 looks like it could be something special. For those who have not caught up with the streams (check them out) that have been condensed and archived, here are a host of improvements big and small that could actually make MLB The Show 17 stand out.

Read More - MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good
Platform: PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good

The Show has always improved year after year, but '17 is by far the biggest improvement in the series. The new ball physics alone will make this year's game feel drastically different than any before it. Add in the new commentary, the new presentation, the new player models, the new animations, and even Retro Mode and this year's game stands head and shoulders above any of its predecessors.

And we still haven't learned everything that is new about this year's game, most notably for me, franchise mode.

I'm always eager to play the newest installment of the Show, but this year, my excitement level is through the roof!

Come on March 28th!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #3
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The Show has always improved year after year, but '17 is by far the biggest improvement in the series. The new ball physics alone will make this year's game feel drastically different than any before it. Add in the new commentary, the new presentation, the new player models, the new animations, and even Retro Mode and this year's game stands head and shoulders above any of its predecessors.

And we still haven't learned everything that is new about this year's game, most notably for me, franchise mode.

I'm always eager to play the newest installment of the Show, but this year, my excitement level is through the roof!

Come on March 28th!
I've said it on these forums a few times now, the new ball physics in The Show 17 alone were enough to sell me. Everything else is just gravy at this point.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm hoping that franchise front office means they brought back ticket, confession, etc. Pricings. I miss the old show games where u could change prices on things to evolve your incoming budget.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

New animations and ball physics. It's all about time as the game was actually starting to look dated just a bit.

The new create-a-player, has taken it up a notch. Man, some of the faces they put in the game (especially some of the coaches on the teams) look straight out of a horror movie. I just hope that the textures (as was said by Ramone) are worked on and we really won't be able to tell much difference between the actual scanned faces and the ones we create.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2017, 12:44 PM   #6
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
New animations and ball physics. It's all about time as the game was actually starting to look dated just a bit.

The new create-a-player, has taken it up a notch. Man, some of the faces they put in the game (especially some of the coaches on the teams) look straight out of a horror movie. I just hope that the textures (as was said by Ramone) are worked on and we really won't be able to tell much difference between the actual scanned faces and the ones we create.
I think with the removal of ps3 from their development, they can finally get to where they want to go because ps3 was probably holding them back a bit.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #7
Rookie

The Altuve picture looks amazing... look at the hat textures! I can not wait for this game, I definitely always feel it is worth the price year after year.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:38 PM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Ball Physics, Improved Faces, Body Sliders, Gameplay Animations/Humanity AI are all huge improvements. They will not be overlooked by anyone.

Universal Profile upgrade is subtle but an awesome addition

DD improvements (Seasons, Events, Programs) are big, makes every game mean something. Instead of meaningless head-to-head games.

MLB Network(!!) and new commentators

Oh, and we don't know anything about RTTS OR Franchise!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »