Home

MLB 17 Online hopes

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Online hopes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB 17 Online hopes

Online head-to-head not getting much love in the lead-up to the release. But wanted to ask people what seemed broken in 16 online that they wanted addressed and discuss if there were any answers in the streams so far. My list:

-net-code stutter after all contact when batter. most obvious problem. they somehow fixed this for 15 but it was back again in 16.

-can't choose uniforms in exhibition head-to-head

-arrow indicators for break on pitches is broken/random (I know they have acknowledged this as a problem but haven't heard if they have fixed it)

-online lobby menu doesn't accurately show how many people are in the game room; also games through that lobby don't count for your leaderboard ranking???

-when in bullpen if you hit "double switch" by mistake, cancelling the option still forces you to replace the pitcher instead of backing you out to main bullpen decision tree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2017, 07:50 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 17 Online hopes

This is small but I wish there were some levels of presentation that could be turned on. Obviously you can't have full presentation but it would be nice to at least have HR celebrations on. It's weird to hit a HR and it just skips right to the next batter with no fan fare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2017, 08:41 AM   #3
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB 17 Online hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeinternet
so far. My list:

-net-code stutter after all contact when batter. most obvious problem. they somehow fixed this for 15 but it was back again in 16.

This!
Because of this stutter after contact it never gave you the satisfaction a well hit ball would give you when playing offline. Such a shame because the rest of the online experience was pretty good for me.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
This is small but I wish there were some levels of presentation that could be turned on. Obviously you can't have full presentation but it would be nice to at least have HR celebrations on. It's weird to hit a HR and it just skips right to the next batter with no fan fare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have stated that online H2H will use the Hybrid presentation option
Old 03-01-2017, 10:25 AM   #5
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeinternet
-can't choose uniforms in exhibition head-to-head
http://forums.theshownation.com/foru...048#post174048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_SDS;n174048

You cannot pick uniforms in Play Now Rated, and yes, game room games do count towards the profile.

Sorry we weren't able to answer these during the stream - It can be difficult to see questions in the chat, because of how fast it can scroll sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2017, 11:18 AM   #6
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I just hope the Online plays better this year. The past 2 years have been pretty good. Little wishy washy at times but it was playable. Hope it continues to improve.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:31 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

My one hope (and I know it aint happening) is more on Sony and not SDS, but in Online Franchise you dont have to play it with anyone else if you dont want to (or at least it used to be that way, dont really know if its the same but I dont know why that would have changed). I like that in OF you can have custom divisions and amount of teams. Goodbye Miami Colorado Arizona and Tampa. Anyways, my hope is Sony would let you play single player OF without paying for PS+. Now paying for PS+ and actually playing against someone else from across the country I can understand.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

fix the stats for online ranked games, per team. it won't show you how you do with individual teams if you use more than one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »