Home

How many own a PS4 just for The Show?

This is a discussion on How many own a PS4 just for The Show? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
How many own a PS4 just for The Show?

So I caved.... I couldn't resist the lure and I bought a PS4 for pretty much just the Show (I'll play games like the Last of Us as well).

I love my X1 and will still play that more, but I just need a baseball game.

Just curious how many others there are in the same boat.

Last edited by Mauer4MVP; 02-13-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Roonster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How many own a PS4 just for The Show?

I only purchase one video game every year, The Show
Old 02-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Sadly, I am also in this group. My wife was furious, I had to end up selling a bunch of my old stuff to pay for it as she was adamant we weren't wasting "our" money on a console just so I could play baseball. I've ended up getting a few more games for it just because why not, but without the Show I wouldn't have bothered buying one.

She has now pretty much stolen my Xbox, so it's probably worked out alright
Old 02-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
So I caved.... I couldn't resist the lure and I bought a PS4 for pretty much just the Show (I'll play games lime the Last of Us as well).

I love my X1 and will still play that more, but I just need a baseball game.

Just curious how many others there are in the same boat.
Well, this has been asked on this forum many times, so you are not alone.

While I play other PS4 games besides The Show, but if not for The Show I would not have bought a PS3 when I did in 2008. My first wife basically asked for a divorce after I bought a PS3 because she thought video games were so stupid and I spent too much time playing them instead of sitting on the couch watching reality TV and eating McDonald's chicken McNuggets with her. Well, we split for many reasons, but she later said the day she knew for sure that she wanted to divorce was the day I came home with a new PS3. All good, I would have already asked for a divorce from her before then if she wasn't so freaky in the bedroom. C'mon, not like I'm the only man to stay in a bad relationship for that reason, right??? *ahem, Brad Pitt? ahem* Ok, too far off topic. But she was a crazy ***** who needed to be medicated anyway; I stand by my decision to buy a PS3 for the Show to this day.

I bought a PS4 basically for The Show in 2015. My current wife was encouraging, saying "sure, go ahead an buy it!" She's a keeper.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #5
MVP

tnixen's Arena

I really don't think I would have bought a PS3, PS4 and now PS4 Pro if not for MLB The Show. I buy MLB The Show every year no mater what. Been doing that since MLB The Show 07 and plan to continue as long as I can. However I also buy Madden and NBA 2K but not yearly sometimes like I do with MLB The Show. 95% of my time on PS4 is with MLB The Show. I even power down the PS4 with MLB The Show running so when I turn it back on MLB The Show is ready to go Baseball and Football are by far my favorite 2 sports but Madden has been very sub par since the PS2 and PC version days so even though I love football MLB The Show is just to darn good to not want to play it over the sub par Madden! And NBA 2K I just play when I need my Basketball fix.

I have no doubt in my mind if PlayStation did not have MLB The Show a lot less systems would have been sold over the years!

Last edited by tnixen; 02-13-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #6
Rookie

DylPickle23's Arena

I sold my truck so I could afford a PS4 and TS 15

Best decision I've ever made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #7
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

There a tons and tons of good games on PS4. You're missing out if you've relegated yourself to only playing "The Show" on your PS4. It is my only console (X1 doesn't have anything I want) and gets used..a lot. I "upgraded" to Pro when it came out in November. With Horizon, Mass Effect and The Show all coming about around the same time, plus whatever update Destiny is going to have, my spring is pretty much booked.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

It's funny how you guys mention the discussions with your wives. That was my biggest hurdle but I figure really video games are the only thing I spend money on aside for maybe two movies and 5 sporting events a year.

I figure you live once and can't take money with you. Do the things that make you happy (within reason of course).

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Mauer4MVP; 02-13-2017 at 12:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »