Home

My Offline Franchise games have started freezing

This is a discussion on My Offline Franchise games have started freezing within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
Rookie

ccbarr's Arena

OVR: 1
My Offline Franchise games have started freezing

I searched through the forum to see if my problem was mentioned, but didn't see it. So I do apologize if this has been asked before.

I play a single team offline franchise on my PS4, the Braves. The game had been working great up until this weekend, I was playing the May 2nd Mets series opener at Citi Field. The game was working fine but froze all of a sudden in the bottom of the 4th when the scheduled pitchers graphic for the next game was shown. I thought it was a one time glitch and restarted and the game froze again at the same spot.

And when I say froze, it's more like the game just accept any input, if that makes sense. The players will walk around the field, the ticker updates the scores, but if I try to exit, the game says it can't due the current situation. So I had to just close the game and restart.

I do play on Broadcast mode, but I did find a work around, if I switch the game to Fast Play for the bottom of the 4th the scheduled pitcher graphic doesn't come up, and then in the top of the 5th I switch back to Broadcast and the game works fine.

So maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had problems with the scheduled pitcher graphic making the game freeze.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2016, 09:49 PM   #2
Rookie

leinhart_6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My Offline Franchise games have started freezing

Strange.. When did this occur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #3
Rookie

ccbarr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leinhart_6
Strange.. When did this occur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It actually just started happening late last night, I guess technicaly it would be today, May 1st. It is odd that it just started, I've been playing every game in my franchise and that scheduled starters graphic had never bothered before.

I did wonder if it had something to do with it turning May 1st, but that probably doesn't have anything to do with it. I going to play the last game of the 3 game series tonight, it will be interesting to see if the game freezes, as I have an off day after the game so I don't think that graphic will show up IIRC.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:24 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Sigh. This year's been so bad. Can't even escape the bugs offline anymore.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:09 PM   #5
Rookie

leinhart_6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbarr
It actually just started happening late last night, I guess technicaly it would be today, May 1st. It is odd that it just started, I've been playing every game in my franchise and that scheduled starters graphic had never bothered before.

I did wonder if it had something to do with it turning May 1st, but that probably doesn't have anything to do with it. I going to play the last game of the 3 game series tonight, it will be interesting to see if the game freezes, as I have an off day after the game so I don't think that graphic will show up IIRC.

I thought maybe it might possibly have something to do with the patch that was released today/early morning last night. They fixed a lot of offline bugs in the patch notes, but with fixes there's usually new bugs that follow.

I'm playing my Phillies franchise now with the new update installed. I'll let you know if I notice it freezing up at some point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #6
Rookie

zeeque's Arena

wont start a new thread but im having a bit of freezing problem myself! while playing offline chise, in broadcast mode, everything seemed fine but today i fired up a game and for some reason the intro was too short and the cut scene just went right to the pitcher about to throw his first pitch. thought it was odd since we get all the intros in the broadcast mode. first pitch the batter swings and misses, but then stays frozen in his followup. its only the batter thats freezing. if i press x i can cut right to the next pitch. if the batter saw a pitch, the animation would freeze right where the catcher catches the ball, again just the batter that froze! if the batter makes contact ( fair/foul) its all good. and right when the batter freezes the scene skips to the next pitch straight away! never ever seen anything like this, its almost like the batter swing thru animation is freezing and the scene is cutting way too early! (like in fast play), anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-05-2016, 12:42 AM   #7
Rookie

ccbarr's Arena

Smile Re: My Offline Franchise games have started freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeque
wont start a new thread but im having a bit of freezing problem myself! while playing offline chise, in broadcast mode, everything seemed fine but today i fired up a game and for some reason the intro was too short and the cut scene just went right to the pitcher about to throw his first pitch. thought it was odd since we get all the intros in the broadcast mode. first pitch the batter swings and misses, but then stays frozen in his followup. its only the batter thats freezing. if i press x i can cut right to the next pitch. if the batter saw a pitch, the animation would freeze right where the catcher catches the ball, again just the batter that froze! if the batter makes contact ( fair/foul) its all good. and right when the batter freezes the scene skips to the next pitch straight away! never ever seen anything like this, its almost like the batter swing thru animation is freezing and the scene is cutting way too early! (like in fast play), anyone else have this problem?
Sorry for not getting back to this sooner, so much to do, so little time (I say as I cut out pictures of Kim Basinger... Batman fan will hopefully know what I am referencing.)

This was kinda the problems I was having during those Mets games, some broadcast graphics would show up late, errors showing the starting lineups, there would be gold glove graphics under random players.

I don't know if this will help, but I shut my PS4 off, unplugged the power cord and let the system sit for about 15 minutes. Then I just plugged it back in, powered up the system and the four games I have playes since have been perfect. I mentioned earlier that I had shut the PS4 off, but I didn't actually unplug before. Read on some website that it sometimes helps, like it does for PCs.

And I did play the last game of the Mets series at Citi Field, no freezing or soft lock in the 4th inning. Have since played the 3 game weekend series at home vs the D-Backs, no problems there. Hopefully my PS4 was just acting wonky, or the Mets series loaded weird or something.

I will be interested to see when I hit the road again, I think against the Pirates, if I have any problems. I should mention I don't have the new patch installed, my PS4 isn't even hooked up to the internet at the moment. Otherwise I'm loving this years game, it's to the point where the game sucks me in enough that I think I am watching a real life game, and forget I'm controlling it. Even though I hated losing the seried finale to the D-Backs, I loved the graphic that came up late in the game saying the Braves had won 4 in a row prior, and Fredi G. pacing nervously.

Sorry for the long rambling post, really do dig this years Show, some parts are a bit bumpy but back when I was playing Big Hurt Baseball on my SNES a baseball game like this wouldn't even have been a fantasy.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:28 PM   #8
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Interesting. I just had a game where I received an error code and the game shut down. I was in extra innings. When I restarted I got credit towards my coins and the ever popular common card.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »