Home

Perfecting MLB The Show's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Perfecting MLB The Show's Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
What about the ability to build a new stadium?

I want to see a purpose for a pitching coach. Let me have him make visits to the mound.

The catcher should have a relationship trust factor with each pitcher. Since the catcher is an on-field coach, give me the opportunity to send my catcher out to calm the pitcher down.

Have the manager do team meetings during a losing streak or before a big series.

Have the sponsorship money actually work. It did last year but not this year. I bought all diamond cards and should be pulling in a bunch of money per game. At the end of April with two teams in same season and in looking at the budget projections, it shows no income for those cards and no increased money for my budget
Old 04-13-2016, 02:59 AM   #18
Rookie

bradfish16's Arena

OVR: 0
Good article. I agree with most of the ideas, though bullpen AI and sim stats would be my top priority. I would also like to be able to import players with CPU Roster Control set to off, or qt least have sim injuries when it is set to ON.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:08 AM   #19
Pro

Re: Perfecting MLB The Show's Franchise Mode

A Injuries 2.0 NBA 2K16 type system would be awesome! Where we could actually see the body part or area affected and that would in turn affect performance.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:15 AM   #20
Rookie

Bakermob's Arena

I keep begging for an expansion mode. I do t know if you've ever played the sim game Out Of The Park Baseball but they have a great expansion mode. They have player protection and the draft. There is no greater challenge in a franchise mode than creating a team from scratch. NBA 2K has a relocation mode that is pretty cool. I'd love to be able to import logos instead of having to make them. A stadium created would be an awesome addition too. Great article btw....
Old 04-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Good stuff, Mike.

It's funny you brought up International Free Agents - I was thinking of a system to implement them into franchise. I haven't thought of the best or fair way with 30 team control to do that thought.

Do you create a certain amount and do a roll of the dice to see what teams they end up on? How do you decide on positions to create players, attributes, potential etc...

Would love to hear your ideas on this.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #22
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I think it would be c ool if you could invite a friend to play against you in an offline franchise. Say your playing the NYY or Red Sox and don't feel like playing the CPU, just invite a friend and play them instead.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:23 AM   #23
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but EJECTIONS AND SUSPENSIONS. This is a real life aspect of baseball that is not represented basically at all. Right now the only way to get ejected is to basically deliberately throw at a guys head 2-3 times in a row, and after that happens, and you get tossed, there is still no suspension that follows. It would be nice to see some borderline ball/strike calls get argued more often and see some guys getting tossed every once in a while.
MLS: Seattle Sounders FC
EPL: Manchester City FC
NHL: Dallas Stars

Follow along with all my franchises on Twitch!: https://www.twitch.tv/whiskeygamer27

Old 04-14-2016, 08:30 AM   #24
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but EJECTIONS AND SUSPENSIONS. This is a real life aspect of baseball that is not represented basically at all. Right now the only way to get ejected is to basically deliberately throw at a guys head 2-3 times in a row, and after that happens, and you get tossed, there is still no suspension that follows. It would be nice to see some borderline ball/strike calls get argued more often and see some guys getting tossed every once in a while.
MLBPA and/or MLB won't allow it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »