Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2016, 04:34 PM   #121

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Graphical Improvements (GameStop)

If all the animations are what's holding them back from redoing the player models, they should have stopped adding new animations years ago. It's a strange excuse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 04:44 PM   #122
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDrizz
100% disagree. The player models and faces are the exact same as the PS3. They may have been retextured or whatever when they came over to the PS4 but the model is identical. Look at it.... Keep everything the same over the next year, but please please please please PLEASE SCEA add New Balance gear and redo the player models. PLEASE. That is all I ask for. You already brought back SOTS so I know you care what your fans think. Please update the player models. They are seriously lacking compared to other features into The Show
I think u need to look at ps3 vs ps4 images a little closer.....game is beautiful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #123
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
If all the animations are what's holding them back from redoing the player models, they should have stopped adding new animations years ago. It's a strange excuse.
Im sure player models will be discussed as a major addition for 17 in their pre production meetings. but now that they have closed roofs done in 16 and during this stream they said it took a long time to add closed roofs, now they might look to move resources around so maybe they might look into player models as the major addition to the show 17.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #124
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
Im sure player models will be discussed as a major addition for 17 in their pre production meetings. but now that they have closed roofs done in 16 and during this stream they said it took a long time to add closed roofs, now they might look to move resources around so maybe they might look into player models as the major addition to the show 17.
Different resources, but yeah, they've been aware of player models - even before this year.

YouTube

Old 03-16-2016, 09:56 PM   #125
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

One thing that is nice is the glossy will make the game pop more. The cleats looked really good. And the stone looked really real.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 03:39 AM   #126
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaybay618
Well you can have your opinion, but the vast majority of people who play the game and aren't visually impaired will disagree with you.

Mlb 14 looked 100% the same as ps3 but with better lighting. MLB 15 stadiums looked much better but player faces and models are like ps3 still and I don't think a vast majority disagree with me considering so many people talk about the player models. If people really disagreed with me so much you wouldn't have so many people complain about the player models like you see on here.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:29 AM   #127
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

Have been playing 15 a lot this week and you can really tell that the difference with 16 is huge.
Can’t wait to see the night lighting.
So much more animations in 16, somehow it feels there’s more urgency to them this time which is a good thing.
Game also looks very fluid.

The PBR is really amazing, it brings the stadiums alive so much more.
Of course, I understand and agree with people that say they don’t need 100% accurate phones in the dugouts and prefer PBR to be applied in area’s which are visible during gameplay.
On the other hand, they explained during the streams that they have only just scratched the surface of this.
I’m sure in the years to come we will all be amazed at the results of this (it looks amazing in GTA V for example) and I’m happy to give them all the time in the world (ok, maybe not all).

For me it’s simple : I pay 60 bucks for a game that I play for a year. The game is always an improvement on the previous edition and never just a roster upgrade.
It’s a great investment. 16 with the PBR, animations, sounds of the show and new modes will keep me going until 17 is there.
By the way : I don’t care much about the new modes but it’s good to see that they keep adding modes without taking stuff away (like NHL 15)

And yes, I also want new player models, more PBR, better commentary (only real weak point in my opinion) like a lot of people here. But I’m confident they are working on this and it will come if we give them time.

I have never seen any company in touch with their fan base as much as SDS is doing.
The streams, the way they react on this forum, it’s great. It’s also great how this forum is helping them making the game better.

So I will buy 16 and enjoy it for what it is, knowing that 17 will be even better.
Now if only I could find it in the European playstore……

Old 03-17-2016, 07:52 AM   #128
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfdutch
Have been playing 15 a lot this week and you can really tell that the difference with 16 is huge.
Can’t wait to see the night lighting.
So much more animations in 16, somehow it feels there’s more urgency to them this time which is a good thing.
Game also looks very fluid.

The PBR is really amazing, it brings the stadiums alive so much more.
Of course, I understand and agree with people that say they don’t need 100% accurate phones in the dugouts and prefer PBR to be applied in area’s which are visible during gameplay.
On the other hand, they explained during the streams that they have only just scratched the surface of this.
I’m sure in the years to come we will all be amazed at the results of this (it looks amazing in GTA V for example) and I’m happy to give them all the time in the world (ok, maybe not all).

For me it’s simple : I pay 60 bucks for a game that I play for a year. The game is always an improvement on the previous edition and never just a roster upgrade.
It’s a great investment. 16 with the PBR, animations, sounds of the show and new modes will keep me going until 17 is there.
By the way : I don’t care much about the new modes but it’s good to see that they keep adding modes without taking stuff away (like NHL 15)

And yes, I also want new player models, more PBR, better commentary (only real weak point in my opinion) like a lot of people here. But I’m confident they are working on this and it will come if we give them time.

I have never seen any company in touch with their fan base as much as SDS is doing.
The streams, the way they react on this forum, it’s great. It’s also great how this forum is helping them making the game better.

So I will buy 16 and enjoy it for what it is, knowing that 17 will be even better.
Now if only I could find it in the European playstore……

Just make a US account fellow Dutchie.
I'ven been doing that since day one they went digital.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »