Home

Blue Jays Alternate Clipping Issue

This is a discussion on Blue Jays Alternate Clipping Issue within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2016, 09:44 PM   #1
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1
Blue Jays Alternate Clipping Issue

The Toronto Blue Jays Blue Alternate uniforms for the past 2 years have had this pretty bad clipping issue on the shoulders. Certain animations will seem to "stretch" the shoulder seams of the jerseys and expose something that looks like a white ring around the shoulders and under the arm pits. Almost like there is a white layer underneath the uniform itself that can be seen when the players arms are doing a throw or swing. Being a Blue Jays fan, and considering how frequently they wear these in real life, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Watching the latest Twitch stream, it is still apparent and almost looks like it has gotten worse from last year. I have taken a few screenshots of the Twitch stream to illustrate what I am talking about as well as some links to high res versions to see it a bit better. It is kind of hard to grab a screenshot of it from the stream but if you watch it you can see it pretty easily.

HERE
HERE
HERE
and HERE

I didn't really want to make a new thread for this, but considering this is something that keeps getting passed by as an issue that needs to be fixed, i figured I would try my best to have the dev teams be aware of this issue. I do not have twitter but I know the devs frequent these forums quite often so I am hoping one of them will see this thread. Obviously the team does a GREAT job and little things like this are easy to pass by but I know all the Jays fans have noticed this small issue and are hoping it can be fixed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colabello.jpg (296.2 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg RussMartin.jpg (331.4 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg RussMartin2.jpg (325.9 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg Stroman.jpg (357.7 KB, 277 views)

Last edited by Hayman19; 02-23-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 12:10 AM   #2
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Blue Jays Alternate Clipping Issue

I don't think this issue is limited to the Blue Jays. I'm pretty sure I've seen it on the White Sox black jerseys as well. Thanks for posting in such detail.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:24 AM   #3
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

It's bothered me for the past few years, but I guess it's just something that is a really hard fix? No way the devs aren't aware of it.

Would be nice if the 40th anniversary patch came off the unis after year one in franchise/RttS as well.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah it's an issue on quite a few coloured jerseys.

It's little bit once you see it, you can't unsee it.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:43 PM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Yeah it's an issue on quite a few coloured jerseys.

It's little bit once you see it, you can't unsee it.
lol yeah when I read this thread all I could think was: Thanks! Now I can't unknow this. Everything was peachy before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 04:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
lol yeah when I read this thread all I could think was: Thanks! Now I can't unknow this. Everything was peachy before.
Haha good, the more people that recognize it the more likely it will be fixed at some point.

I never realized other colored uniforms have the same issue but like i said, i most run with the Jays and its driven me nuts for a while now. Its a shame because the uniforms look so nice in this game and you can tell the devs have spent alot of time on them.

You know the game is damn good though when my biggest complaint is a little white clipping through the uniforms.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:16 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

Played a few games with the Blue Jays alternates yesterday and I must say the clipping on the shoulder is worse than ever, you can even see it on the jersey selection screen. The more the game is improved visually each year, the more of an eyesore it becomes.

I really hope this can somehow be fixed in a patch.

This is literally the only complaint I have about the game so far, everything else is much improved from last year.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:24 AM   #8
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

For bugs and issues like this, you'll need to to fill out a bug report

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »