Home

MLB The Show 16 Live Stream (IGN)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Live Stream (IGN) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2016, 12:18 PM   #161
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 16 Live Stream (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaybay618
I think the biggest problem that never got addressed last year was the bug with batting stances and swing types. If you change a player's swing type in MLB 15, it defaults that player's load and practice swing to generic animations. With all the new swing types this year, I'm gonna be going through the rosters and editing swing types to make my rosters as true to life as possible, and if the same bug still exists then it'll really spoil the game for me. If it hasn't been addressed yet, hopefully this comment gets read by someone up top and taken into consideration. It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard of a fix.

Yeah, i've mentioned this a few times, i don't think they have any plans on fixing this.

Last year was the first year it was an issue, and when it was brought up, I believe it was Russell_SCEA mentioned that it was intended to work this way from the start when they first implemented it, and they finally fixed it last year.

But i don't understand why it took 2 or 3 years to "fix" it then, and in reality, it really breaks the batting stance editor tying the two together.

I think it might have had something to do with adding the Japanese style and slap style swings into the game last year.

Anyhow, i hope it's something that is fixed as well, otherwise in a lot of cases it won't make sense to change any follow throughs.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #162
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Yeah, i've mentioned this a few times, i don't think they have any plans on fixing this.

Last year was the first year it was an issue, and when it was brought up, I believe it was Russell_SCEA mentioned that it was intended to work this way from the start when they first implemented it, and they finally fixed it last year.

But i don't understand why it took 2 or 3 years to "fix" it then, and in reality, it really breaks the batting stance editor tying the two together.

I think it might have had something to do with adding the Japanese style and slap style swings into the game last year.

Anyhow, i hope it's something that is fixed as well, otherwise in a lot of cases it won't make sense to change any follow throughs.
I remember this.. I believe he said it had something to do with animations being tied together.

It makes a little sense if changing the swing type affects the stride. But there didn't seem to be any issues before when we could change things without them affecting other parts of the batting stances. And I don't see how swing types could affect practice swings in any way, they're unrelated.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #163
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Ign streaming the show now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
BOOM!!!

Career player Stats finally!!!
Old 02-19-2016, 01:03 PM   #164
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I remember this.. I believe he said it had something to do with animations being tied together.

It makes a little sense if changing the swing type affects the stride. But there didn't seem to be any issues before when we could change things without them affecting other parts of the batting stances. And I don't see how swing types could affect practice swings in any way, they're unrelated.
Yeah i don't really understand it either, i was just basing the assumption solely on the fact that everything in the batting stance editor worked fine, until they added new swing types.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #165
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

This is STILL Jose Abreu's appearance in the game?! The guy was Rookie of the Year. C'mon guys. That's unacceptable especially for Livingston the "White Sox" fan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 11.58.07 AM.jpg (101.3 KB, 343 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 12.03.45 PM.jpg (126.1 KB, 355 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #166
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
This is STILL Jose Abreu's appearance in the game?! The guy was Rookie of the Year. C'mon guys. That's unacceptable especially for Livingston the "White Sox" fan.

I don't see the problem. what's wrong with him?
Old 02-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #167
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Which one do you guys like better?

I like the one on the right as you can see more of the field without it being blacked out completely. However the dark backround helps seeing the pitcher selection a little better.

I wonder how it would look with the clear backround but maybe have a small black backround just behind the pitcher selections?
I like the one on the right.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #168
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I don't see the problem. what's wrong with him?
Yea that's really not that bad...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »