Home

Franchise funds and stubs

This is a discussion on Franchise funds and stubs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-15-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Franchise funds and stubs

ok hello everyone, i have run into a very interesting problem with the game... it seems as if after i bought stubs through the store and used them in my franchise i can no longer use my existing stubs (1000 or more) to buy franchise budget funds.

i know it can't be that i have a team budget over 150 M avail... they would never put a cap on that and NOT tell us about it... i have been forced to buy packs which i have no need for.

i have no care in the world for the card collecting since franchise is all i play or care about in this game.

so is there anyone that has come across this or is it just me and is there a fix for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 05:33 AM   #2
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise funds and stubs

I'm not sure I know what you mean by being forced to buy packs you have no use for. I just used 4000 stubs last night to purchase 16 mil in budget room and everything seems to still be working fine for me.

It's only the second time for me that I've used stubs to buy franchise budget room. Oh and it's not completely useless to collect cards if you only play franchise. Buying packs can get you gold or platinum player cards which you can turn around and sell on the market for a nice amount of stubs. I've got over 50,000 stubs just from flipping cards, alone. If you wait until they release 'special' packs of cards, you can easily get your money back and more if you get the right one.

I've also found that using diamond sponserships in franchise can net you a total of over 10 mil in extra budget room alone, so using stubs to purchase more budget room isn't on my high list of options.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

There actually is a maximum amount that your budget can hit. I know because I hit it in MLB 14. I hope they account for year to year saves and raise it a little every year, but from what I remember it was around the 380 mil mark in 14. Some advice: only buy more budget when you need it. When you buy budget with stubs, your team budget will probably go down the next year, even if your team wins a lot.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:29 PM   #4
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

So i cant turn a team into the Yankee's or the Dodgers??? that is sooo wrong... this is what i want.... i hate having constraints put on us on how we have to play this game... we should have limitless funds available if we so choose...

so having just over $160 Million for a team is enough??? not even close... i can't even come close to being a dominate team with that kind of payroll every year......

in 14 i signed all my players to no less than 3-6 year deals which means that i should be able to bank roll as much money as i want to for the future. Say for example in three years a top star becomes available and i want him and i know i can afford him... and be able to re-sign any of my players i choose..

SCEA please take off the handcuffs and allow us to run our teams as we see fit... if i want to have a billion dollars available for my team i should be able to... right???? right...

on that point if i want to sign all my players to 10 year 250 Million dollar contracts i should have the right to do so. if we have open world games for every other genre of gaming we need it in our sports games...

i want to rule the baseball world for ever and i want to start now... please... let this happen... im begging you!!!!
Old 08-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I guess I misread. I thought you said you had 150 million available, not total. Yeah $160 million is way too low and you should be able to purchase beyond that. I'm the Jays and I currently have a budget of 316 million in the 2016 season. Obviously a huge drop from the 380 cap I hit in the 2015 season (while playing 14, I dumped every stub I could into franchise before bringing my save to mlb 15), but still a big raise from the ~200 million budget I had to start my 2014 season.

Not sure what your issue is. Hopefully there is some way to get that fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #6
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

ok i was using my stubs to increase team budget and avail...

i went to a store and bought a PSN card and spend cash to get more stubs.... used them on franchise...

ever since then in this franchise once i bought stubs with actual cash i can no longer use stubs to buy franchise budget even though the lock is off of it when i go to try...

something is wrong or broken... once i get my Marlins franchise into the off season i will continue my other A's franchise and not buy any with actual cash from the store ad see if that affects it... if so then everything is ok... but if not and i am able to surpass my total funds avail in it then i will be raising some big stinks... cause that would mean it is broken ad needs fixed...
Old 08-19-2015, 03:21 AM   #7
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

The only time I ever read someone saying 150 million dollars is not enough
Old 08-19-2015, 03:11 PM   #8
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
So i cant turn a team into the Yankee's or the Dodgers??? that is sooo wrong... this is what i want.... i hate having constraints put on us on how we have to play this game... we should have limitless funds available if we so choose...

so having just over $160 Million for a team is enough??? not even close... i can't even come close to being a dominate team with that kind of payroll every year......

in 14 i signed all my players to no less than 3-6 year deals which means that i should be able to bank roll as much money as i want to for the future. Say for example in three years a top star becomes available and i want him and i know i can afford him... and be able to re-sign any of my players i choose..

SCEA please take off the handcuffs and allow us to run our teams as we see fit... if i want to have a billion dollars available for my team i should be able to... right???? right...

on that point if i want to sign all my players to 10 year 250 Million dollar contracts i should have the right to do so. if we have open world games for every other genre of gaming we need it in our sports games...

i want to rule the baseball world for ever and i want to start now... please... let this happen... im begging you!!!!

You know you can turn budgets off, right? You can do this and still stick to a standard so you won't abuse it right from the start. I've played with budgets turned off before and it still looks and feels like the standard budget system and when you get to a point where you feel you should have more budget room and want to overspend, you can do so. It's the same thing you're suggesting.

The whole purpose of the budget system they have now is they're trying to replicate the markets of the real life teams. No matter how many World Series the Rays win, they will always be a small market team based on their location. So you can't expect their budget to EVER get anywhere close to the Yankees or Dodgers, who are obviously in MUCH bigger markets.

I'm a Braves fan. Despite the history behind our club and the WS appearances and popularity in the early 90's, we're still a small market team who will never have the same market as the Yankees or Dodgers and winning WS will never change that. That's more true to life, in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »