Home

Guess pitch question...

This is a discussion on Guess pitch question... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2015, 04:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Guess pitch question...

When I guess just the pitch, I get a sound indicator, when guessing correctly but not the ball becoming red out of the pitchers hand. Does anyone know how to change this? I can't figure it out for the life of me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #2
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Guess pitch question...

cant its been changed for a few years and in mlb the show it was never like that, mvp had that i think.

now you have to guess both location and type to get a target appear
Old 05-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
cant its been changed for a few years and in mlb the show it was never like that, mvp had that i think.

now you have to guess both location and type to get a target appear
Ball flashing on release (guessing pitch) has been in since '13 when they changed it.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #4
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

I think you also need to guess the location, along with the pitch, to get the flashing. Guess pitch was changed last year I believe from the old way to this way (where you need pitch and location to get sound and flashing).

Guess correct pitch = sound
Pitch and location = sound and ball flashing
Old 05-23-2015, 09:06 PM   #5
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
Ball flashing on release (guessing pitch) has been in since '13 when they changed it.
the ball does not flash in any way. The controller will vibrate and the end location will flash and pulse with both location and pitch is correct on classic. In default the quadrant will light up and controller will vibrate when both are correct. I just tested it and the ball does not flash.

Last edited by MLB Bob; 05-23-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 09:45 PM   #6
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

Quote:
the ball does not flash in any way. The controller will vibrate and the end location will flash and pulse with both location and pitch is correct on classic. In default the quadrant will light up and controller will vibrate when both are correct. I just tested it and the ball does not flash.
Thanks for that Bob, I always thought the ball flashed or had a red halo around it....or was that the old way?... I stop using guess pitch when they changed it, which for me worked out better in hitting. Plus isn't there a penalty if guessed wrong......
Old 05-23-2015, 09:52 PM   #7
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc748s
Thanks for that Bob, I always thought the ball flashed or had a red halo around it....or was that the old way?... I stop using guess pitch when they changed it, which for me worked out better in hitting. Plus isn't there a penalty if guessed wrong......
There is a penalty for guessing wrong and the last time I can remember a halo which is what I think.thought the OP was referring to was in MVP for their guess pitch. (2k might have had it too, I never played that) The old system allowed you to guess pitch or location and if you got location right, pitch wrong it still lit up. If you got pitch right location wrong it gave an sound or something, both right it locked on similar to both right now.

I also stopped using guess pitch, which I never had trouble hitting just drawing walks. Ive gotten better at working the count too.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #8
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

Quote:
There is a penalty for guessing wrong and the last time I can remember a halo which is what I think.thought the OP was referring to was in MVP for their guess pitch. (2k might have had it too, I never played that) The old system allowed you to guess pitch or location and if you got location right, pitch wrong it still lit up. If you got pitch right location wrong it gave an sound or something, both right it locked on similar to both right now.

I also stopped using guess pitch, which I never had trouble hitting just drawing walks. Ive gotten better at working the count too.

Yea, since I stopped using it I also am drawing more walks...... The problem I had was the Pavlov reaction, every time I had a correct guess (and I mean every time)... I'd swing LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »