Home

MLB 15 The Show: How to Use Your Created Player in Diamond Dynasty

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: How to Use Your Created Player in Diamond Dynasty within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #9
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
Not sure why anyone would be surprised about using your guy as a reliever would make him tired after one inning. It's just spamming if u could use him all the time
Old 04-28-2015, 10:34 AM   #10
Rookie

meatgoggles's Arena

I completely agree about how valuable making your created a catcher really is, especially in regards to throwing out base runners.

However, I slightly disagree about the complete lack of long relievers in diamond dynasty. I have been using Tanner Roark as my long relief guy, and so far it was worked out pretty well. I believe he has 80 stamina and solid ratings in the mid to high 60's across the board. He has really bailed me out on occasions where my starting pitcher gets roughed up within the first two to three innings of the game and completely loses his confidence. Roark is far from an elite player but he is more than capable of throwing 5-6 quality innings. Also, the cost associated with him is relativity low, I think I was able to buy him for under 300 stubs IIRC.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:28 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Not sure why anyone would be surprised about using your guy as a reliever would make him tired after one inning. It's just spamming if u could use him all the time
It's only a surprise, because of the way the devs described how you can use your DD player before the game was released. They said you can start him at 2nd base and then bring him in to close the game. But that doesn't work. It wouldn't be spamming if they made it to where you're only good for a few innings like a normal reliever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #12
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 15 The Show: How to Use Your Created Player in Diamond Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlnames
It's only a surprise, because of the way the devs described how you can use your DD player before the game was released. They said you can start him at 2nd base and then bring him in to close the game. But that doesn't work. It wouldn't be spamming if they made it to where you're only good for a few innings like a normal reliever.
You are right what they said in the stream but they probably had to tweak the rules after the fact to help prevent folks from taking advantage of this created player.

If they took away this energy cap all teams could essentially bring the created guy into a game after the first batter in the first inning and he would stay in the game because his hitting would also be overpowering.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:20 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7
Jesse Chavez is a solid long reliever.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:23 PM   #14
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
My created guy is only like 84 but I'm using mainly my collection players to feed him. Penny pinching my stubs to finish the Tigers collection >.<
Old 04-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #15
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

I feed him every single common and bronze card pretty much. He's a 99 at every position.

I've used him at shortstop a lot, I've also used him as a starting pitcher. I'd put my pitcher 3rd in the batting order and then if my guy was randomly selected to start, great, if not, I'd pinch hit him for whoever the pitcher was in the first inning. I only play against the CPU so I don't really feel like it's cheesing or whatever. I wanna play with the guy that I invested like 1,000 cards into feeding, not hope to get lucky and pitch with him once every 20 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 07:32 PM   #16
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
I feed him every single common and bronze card pretty much. He's a 99 at every position.

I've used him at shortstop a lot, I've also used him as a starting pitcher. I'd put my pitcher 3rd in the batting order and then if my guy was randomly selected to start, great, if not, I'd pinch hit him for whoever the pitcher was in the first inning. I only play against the CPU so I don't really feel like it's cheesing or whatever. I wanna play with the guy that I invested like 1,000 cards into feeding, not hope to get lucky and pitch with him once every 20 games.
In online head to head only RP can pinch hit. SP cannot pinch hit. This is fair for all when playing online head to head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »