Home

RTTS thoughts

This is a discussion on RTTS thoughts within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2015, 11:01 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
RTTS thoughts

I really hope they tune RTTS in the future and make it so your teammates piggy back off your success and do well too. It's very disappointing having my player get the MVP, almost have the triple crown (few points shy of Miggy in avg), and win my division by 13 games just to have them almost blow the ALDS (5 games) and then completely blow the ALCS (4-1). Knowing I can't control my other guys, it'd be nice to have them get a boost if I'm doing well. (Again, disappointing knowing I'm doing well, and they suck when it matters).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 11:16 AM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: RTTS thoughts

Players don't get a boost IRL. 2012 Miggy wins triple crown and the A's take them to 5 games in the first round of playoffs. Tigers end up in Series and the Giants sweep them. So it's not unrealistic what happened to your team.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I really hope they tune RTTS in the future and make it so your teammates piggy back off your success and do well too. It's very disappointing having my player get the MVP, almost have the triple crown (few points shy of Miggy in avg), and win my division by 13 games just to have them almost blow the ALDS (5 games) and then completely blow the ALCS (4-1). Knowing I can't control my other guys, it'd be nice to have them get a boost if I'm doing well. (Again, disappointing knowing I'm doing well, and they suck when it matters).
I disagree. See A-Rod in 2003 (PEDs or not). I like the fact that my RttS player is doing well but the rest of the team sucks. That is much more realistic than winning every year simply because my RttS is playing so well.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Players don't get a boost IRL. 2012 Miggy wins triple crown and the A's take them to 5 games in the first round of playoffs. Tigers end up in Series and the Giants sweep them. So it's not unrealistic what happened to your team.
Very True. It's just disappointing is all. (I see your point and raise you this however)... The Royals last year kept feeding off one another, and went to WS Gm 7. That's kinda what I was getting at. but very well.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:16 PM   #5
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

My thoughts on RTTS is that they didn't change anything from last year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 12:36 PM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
My thoughts on RTTS is that they didn't change anything from last year.
Yeah nothing new was added this year too it except equipment, I has a lot of elements to it that need to tweaked. The offseason in the RttS just feels terrible since you don't even get heads up on whats going on in your team like new trades. Also would love to see a better player-manager interaction besides those dull emails you get.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #7
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I signed a cheap 7 year contract with the team I wanted to be with after my first year (rookie of the year). I think it is 1.2 million a year which is great for a player that turned into a 2-time MVP, 3-time Golden Glove winner, Triple Crown winner, and single season HR record holder. My hope was that by me being real cheap my team could keep good players. I'm on the Braves and in year 2019 the team is still the core of the 2014 team which in the video game world is really good. The team still has Freeman, Heyward, both Uptons, Simmons, Teheran, Wood, Kimbrel, Minor, Bethancourt, and Gattis. At 3B the team traded for Todd Frazier and had him a couple years before trading him in his contract year for Pedro Alvarez who hit 40 HRs in 2018. The team has been really strong, winning 3 World Series in my 5 years and making the playoffs each year. I don't know if taking a long cheap contract helped keep the team together or not. But money is worthless in this game, so I figured why try to get as big a contract as possible when my team could afford better players if I took a cheap one.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Nashville Predators
Old 04-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
Banned

I guess the upside to my loss in the playoffs was that since I got the MVP, I also got a Gold Glove, AND rewarded with a 4 year 52,200,000 contract. So that's something good I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »