Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Impressions

While we often praise The Show series for its small but meaningful changes, MLB 15: The Show does offer one giant change: Diamond Dynasty has been completed revamped.

The core system of the past, which featured fictional players who evolved over time, is gone. Instead, we are given a much more streamlined approach to collecting cards and building a team.

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Impressions
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Impressions

Good start need a lot more depth and ways to play beside online CPU and extra innings. Also need new cards during the year to keep it fresh.
Overall a good start but definitely needs to be built upon for next year
Old 04-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

RD_Rabin's Arena

I hated the 'contracts' system that felt like it was based on MUT. Never liked MUT because of those.

The new system has me much more interested in playing Diamond Dynasty, even if just against the CPU teams, because I am terrible at fielding

My ideal system would be an 'offline' DD that let me create my own team and then replace one of the real MLB teams with mine and play a full season like I do in Franchise.

I can dream...
Old 04-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD_Rabin
I hated the 'contracts' system that felt like it was based on MUT. Never liked MUT because of those.

The new system has me much more interested in playing Diamond Dynasty, even if just against the CPU teams, because I am terrible at fielding

My ideal system would be an 'offline' DD that let me create my own team and then replace one of the real MLB teams with mine and play a full season like I do in Franchise.

I can dream...
I also suck at fielding and especially running so I also only see myself trying out the offline mode extra innings mode now and again.

As for stacked teams. As long as you can buy stubs for real money and buy legends and superstars with stubs then there will be people willing to pay to stack their team. Personally I would never spend $20 bucks or more to get a diamond player or legend, but I am guessing that there are those who will.

Last edited by Dolenz; 04-04-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
There is no screen to look at you're stats. You can scroll through player cards one by one to check stats, but that's ridiculous. Also, maybe this is just me, they don't keep stats at all for you're created player. Every game appears as his first game. And you can pre-set lineups for facing lefty and righty pitching. You just have one lineup. Which is annoying. There is no option to have a dh. And there is no fatigue from previous games taken into account. Which means every game you can go to the bullpen whenever you want and have no problem having fresh arms for every game. A lot needs to be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
There is no screen to look at you're stats. You can scroll through player cards one by one to check stats, but that's ridiculous. Also, maybe this is just me, they don't keep stats at all for you're created player. Every game appears as his first game. And you can pre-set lineups for facing lefty and righty pitching. You just have one lineup. Which is annoying. There is no option to have a dh. And there is no fatigue from previous games taken into account. Which means every game you can go to the bullpen whenever you want and have no problem having fresh arms for every game. A lot needs to be fixed.
*can't preset lineups.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #7
Banned

jergiants's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
*can't preset lineups.
You CAN pre-set your lineup to face a righty or lefty... You have your default lineup but before every game it gives you a chance to change the lineup and tells you if you're facing a righty or lefty. How can you not notice this? Fatigue would be annoying, that's what franchise is for. It already makes your starting pitcher random, that's enough.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:59 PM   #8
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

I've had a blast, the best thing they've done is making sure there is no contracts for number of games. That being said this article has a point. Maybe cap it so there is only 1 legend allowed per game 2 platinum 3 gold etc.. except when playing offline. Which should also have full broadcast presentation btw sony

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »