Home

Fast Play Vs Broadcast Mode

This is a discussion on Fast Play Vs Broadcast Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Should we be able to still have BROADCAST availanle to us in online franchise?
I love all the "little things" in MLB THE SHOW and want to have broadcast on. 85 57.43%
I enjoy FAST PLAY and dont care about presentation. 27 18.24%
We should have all the options in online franchise that we have for the offline franchise. 36 24.32%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

I first want to say I love all the little things about MLB THE SHOW and I applaud the SCEA team on the great job they did this year with MLB 16. This is not a personal attack on any developers or SCEA.

I like seeing batter walk-ups, Home-runs, pitching match-ups at the beginning of the game, defensive lineups, the next 3 batters up with the 3 little photos, dugouts with showing managers etc

Now I also want to add I only buy this game to play online and run a successful online franchise. I noticed right away when creating my online franchise this year that FAST PLAY is the only option we have as it was locked. So my first thought was well maybe it was not meant to be locked. So I contact the developers on show nation and they have confirmed that all online games will use FAST PLAY this year.

Now don't get me wrong I understand why they did this for online games the same thing in 2008 that another MLB game the developers did the same thing and you got no presentation online either and killed the online experience for a lot of us then you had no idea who you were pitching to. I am not saying the MLB 16 THE SHOW is this way we do see the display of who the batter is but all the "little things" have been removed due to FAST PLAY and I just feel like I paid for half of a game right now. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am that they did this.

Again I understand why they chose to do this for online games mainly rank matches, regular lobby games but to lock it down for online franchise just does not make any sense to me it should be our option to have FAST PLAY on or off as I never thought the games in online franchise had any major issues, I had no lag or glitches with previous show titles in
online franchise.

I am just wanting to see what everyone else thinks and vote on the POLL please. I mean there's no close play challenge, you don't see any long foul ball near the foul pole, the HR challenge of the umpires is gone as well in FAST PLAY. I love those close games 2-2, 1-1 and even 0-0 in bottom of 9th you hit a walk-off or even in extra innings to see the team celebrate at home when this is done and to enjoy your guys running the bases is exciting to me and in FAST PLAY all this is taken away from us.

Last edited by Houston; 10-16-2016 at 12:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Fast Play Vs Broadcast Mode

Unless time is an issue, I always use "Broadcast" mode for my games. But when time permits I also like to have CPU vs CPU games for my divisional rivals as well as the other contenders throughout the league and for those games I love the "Fast Play" feature. In otherwords I like and use them both where required.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:05 AM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I use broadcast because I enjoy watching the batter walkups and other little things. However, I HATE broadcast because there are way too many automatic instant replays now. I don't remember it being this way last year but this year there are a ton. Why is there no option to turn off replays like nba 2k or something?? Or at least be able to tone them down. I'm talking replays of just a regular ole pitch, or a ground out to second!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #4
MVP

Houston's Arena

Guys im looking for input for online only, if you think broadcast should be turned on for online games specifically in online franchise. We have the option to turn it on or off ourselves offline but online SCEA made it FAST PLAY only online.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:25 AM   #5
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

What batter walkups are you referring, do you mean the 3 seconds they give you before a new Ab starts while the batter digs into the box, that's not quite a batter walkup.

In "broadcast mode" there is no time between pitches, they have even this yr taken the extra step to remove the throwback to the mound from the catcher after any of the pitches. If you foul a pitch, there is no break in play, you are automatically fast forwarded to the next pitch. There is no time between innings, if you just threw a 50 pitch inning, be prepared to face Max Sherzer in less than 20 seconds later.

I'd say with "broadcast mode" being stripped from online play you're not missing much of anything at all. I could go on and on about how poor broadcast mode has become in recent years.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 04-03-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 12:43 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

For online play, I understand why SCEA chose Fast Play. Of course what would have been better would be that if both players decided they wanted to use Broadcast they should be able to use Broadcast. But if only one of the users wanted Broadcast then Fast Play should be defaulted.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:06 AM   #7
MVP

Houston's Arena

Well I feel if pay $60 bucks and only buy it to play online I should be able to choose my option I want to use and especially when those features were in previous games. I paid that amount for half a game at this point. I dont play rank matches never have never will, but I enjoy online leagues and feel these options should be available.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:07 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is the absolute worst thing I could imagine. I play online only head to head and playing with cut scenes and details like an offline game has been what allowed this game to shine over madden. The idea that either player can "fast forward" through cut scenes and animations made sense. If both players want to enjoy the amazing presentation why prohibit that? I never play offline, so I'll never see any presentation elements? Horrible decision and will be the reason I don't buy. Just awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »